MLB Playoff Thread

unconventional
I only watched the Astros this season so I have no idea what to expect with the Yanks. My excitement for the playoffs may be short lived as the Astros could be eliminated after one game by the Yanks. I really hate that MLB has the longest season and shortest playoff field. It's sad when a team after 162 games has their season decided by 1 game. It's the Astros own fault for not winning the division but 1 game playoffs shouldn't exist. Not after a season this long. But I guess it is what it is.

Hope Keuchel, Altuve and Correa can dominate tonight. The Astros have a couple guys that do nothing but hit home runs so their batting averages are trash. The nights Chris Carter and Luis Valbuena hit home runs it's a good decision to play them. The nights they don't, it's upsetting when Marwin Gonzalez has to sit out in their place because he can actually bat around .280 while the other two bat around .200. I'll be really disappointed if Marwin doesn't play tonight. And I prefer Conger at catcher over Castro but Castro always catches for Keuchel.

So, it would really suck to go home after 1 game but someone has to. Hope it's the Yankees.

Fun fact: Altuve is the shortest player in the majors and Carlos Correa is the youngest.

That means absolutely nothing. But it's still true.

When you meet us in the World Series, I can give you a quick rundown of the Mets

When you meet us in the World Series, I can give you a quick rundown of the Mets

Haha I hope, man. Jealous that you guys got Cesspedes. He's better than Carlos Gomez. Gomez is fast enough he can bunt even when the other team knows and still get on base. But Cesspede crushes it. At least we added Fiers in the Gomez deal. Whoopy. He did throw a no hitter which is cool. And Kazmir has flamed out once again in the second half the season. This team is so hot and cold. Hope they can take out the Yanks for ya. Assuming you hate tham as a Mets fan.

Haha I hope, man. Jealous that you guys got Cesspedes. He's better than Carlos Gomez. Gomez is fast enough he can bunt even when the other team knows and still get on base. But Cesspede crushes it. At least we added Fiers in the Gomez deal. Whoopy. He did throw a no hitter which is cool. And Kazmir has flamed out once again in the second half the season. This team is so hot and cold. Hope they can take out the Yanks for ya. Assuming you hate tham as a Mets fan.

I don't hate them because I'm a Mets fan. I hate them because I'm a human being capable of cognitive thought and emotion.

And I honestly can't tell you how glad I am that we pulled out of the Gomez deal faster than me when the condom breaks. The best move we made was amazingly a move we didn't make.

Reactions: 1 person
Damn you Altuve. Shouldn't have swung. Woulda been a walk.

And now Springer goes down swinging.

Two at bats, two strike outs. Come on Correa.

Whew.. runner on 2nd with 2 outs and Keuchel strikes A-rod out looking. Good stuff.

Keuchel looking good on 3 days rest. 2 down.

Sucks that the Astros couldn't score more runs with the bases loaded.

This is one of the most intense games I've ever seen. There's so much drama. Wow...

Stros will win this game.

I hope so but this is crazy. I have tons of anxiety. Best of luck to your Yanks, sorta. I want the Astros to win obviously. At least we're getting an amazing game so far. It's going to be sad for the team who goes home playing 1 game after 162. Hate that lol. But if the Astros win, I'll like it for the moment.

Carlos Gomez trade worked for that at bat at least. Yesssssssss

Hopefully the Astros don't blow it like they did when the fell to the 5th wild card. And we obviously know the titans and vols blowing it. and paul george hurt. my teams have some bad luck. If Astros makes a good run, I will be impressed. This was never expected. It's exciting being a young underdog team that can smash home runs. And next year when they can sign players cause it's a good place to go and bring up prospects. Exciting season and next season could be even more exciting. Time will tell.

Bottom of the 9th. I don't have the nerves for this. I'm just thinking about the Titans and Vols how they let me down. I might be traumatized. Throw in the Super Bowl 1 yard loss and you almost don't even want to watch sports anymore. :)

Heck yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Royals are damn good though. Keep on keep on man. Grip it and rip it. We're going to KC!

Me right now.

Yankees_Astros_Baseba_Jone_r600x400.jpg

Way to go Astros, was pulling for you to beat the Yankees.
Now let's Go Cubs tomorrow night.

The guy who hosts trivia where I play is a big cubs fan. Tonight's team name is "I hope the Cubs lose tonight"

VN Store

Back