First player in MLB (associated with) comes out

Good for him.

(In before the "He's setting up his discrimination defense for when he gets waived/not promoted" crowd shows up.)

Be who you are. Be proud.

Reactions: 2 people
This train is about to leave the station. If your a gay athlete better let it be known soon, this is losing value as a story quickly.

It shouldn't need to be a story IMO. I don't get people caring that much about what other people are doing in their lives. It's not our job to judge and it has ZERO IMPACT on anyone else's life.

Reactions: 1 person
It shouldn't need to be a story IMO. I don't get people caring that much about what other people are doing in their lives. It's not our job to judge and it has ZERO IMPACT on anyone else's life.

You started the thread , so you must care a little .

Reactions: 1 person
if the reception of his news can urge someone else closeted to be able to be themself, then the article is needed

Using that at the measuring stick, should it be never taken down from their website? Repeatedly published everyday? A story done on everyone that comes out from here to eternity?

Using that at the measuring stick, should it be never taken down from their website? Repeatedly published everyday? A story done on everyone that comes out from here to eternity?

What starts as a story grows from there. I was implying that the story deserved to exist. If it started as a video interview, I'd have said the same thing. And the hope is that these stories continue to be told until there's no longer a stigma against homosexuality in sports. Once that's the case, those who blazed a trail will be remembered for being brave enough to be themselves at a time when that was considered uncouth.

Also I meant to say that part of what I said was it being about the reception of his news. It's less about the story being written and more about the reception of it.

Last edited:
What starts as a story grows from there. I was implying that the story deserved to exist. If it started as a video interview, I'd have said the same thing. And the hope is that these stories continue to be told until there's no longer a stigma against homosexuality in sports. Once that's the case, those who blazed a trail will be remembered for being brave enough to be themselves at a time when that was considered uncouth.

Also I meant to say that part of what I said was it being about the reception of his news. It's less about the story being written and more about the reception of it.

Basically until bigots like Torii Hunter stop feeling the need to express their opinions on the matter. Or even someone like Daniel Murphy, who was trying to be amicable but whose comments still acknowledged a gap in what is "acceptable".

Basically until bigots like Torii Hunter stop feeling the need to express their opinions on the matter. Or even someone like Daniel Murphy, who was trying to be amicable but whose comments still acknowledged a gap in what is "acceptable".

didn't know Murph said something...that's upsetting

VN Store

Back