The ultimate cool story bro

BeattieFeathers

In 2006, Bryce Harper was playing for a select team from San Diego and there was a huge national tournament in rock wood,tn called the battle of the south and Harper 's team was in it.
Bryce Harper became an internet phenomenon at ten years of age and was a cover boy for select baseball web sites. My kid was the same age and played select, so I was familiar with bryce and went to see him play as my son was off that weekend.
I showed up at the park and saw bryce warming up. I scoped out the crowd and found his dad standing up top above the bleachers, so I wondered over and made small talk.
Prior to the game, bryce walked up to his dad and I commented, so this is what a major leaguer looks like at 13, huh? His dad looked me right in the eye and said, you might say that!
I walked away thinking the dad was the most arrogant tool I had ever met, but by golly he was right!!:eek:lol:

Is there no report button on mobile? Talk about a misplaced thread.

In other (more important) news...

WELCOME HOME KAHLIL!!!!

#kahliltothehill #VFLORGTFO

In 2006, Bryce Harper was playing for a select team from San Diego and there was a huge national tournament in rock wood,tn called the battle of the south and Harper 's team was in it.
Bryce Harper became an internet phenomenon at ten years of age and was a cover boy for select baseball web sites. My kid was the same age and played select, so I was familiar with bryce and went to see him play as my son was off that weekend.
I showed up at the park and saw bryce warming up. I scoped out the crowd and found his dad standing up top above the bleachers, so I wondered over and made small talk.
Prior to the game, bryce walked up to his dad and I commented, so this is what a major leaguer looks like at 13, huh? His dad looked me right in the eye and said, you might say that!
I walked away thinking the dad was the most arrogant tool I had ever met, but by golly he was right!!:eek:lol:

I played pick up with Ernie and Bernie back in the day. Not sure if that's as good as your story.

Threads in the baseball forum now. Please stay on topic

Thanks, I just noticed that. Thought that it was a free for all cool story. So, I remember Todd Helton as a kid playing little league before he hit high school. His Dad used to play in the minors until he decided he needed to do something else. He had a gig with the Minnesota Twins for awhile. But, got to see Todd in his younger days watching a friend's son play ball.

Thanks, I just noticed that. Thought that it was a free for all cool story. So, I remember Todd Helton as a kid playing little league before he hit high school. His Dad used to play in the minors until he decided he needed to do something else. He had a gig with the Minnesota Twins for awhile. But, got to see Todd in his younger days watching a friend's son play ball.

Haha all good man. Really just givin that weird guy ben a hard time. You can have a free for all of cool stories

VN Store

Back