2014 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Regulator

Super Def Ill
It's about time to PLAY BALL! What are your thoughts, opinions, ideas, what kind of league do you play, etc.?

In my money league, I think I'm going to use my 10 keeper slots on my pitching staff (Minimum 4 SP, 10 P total (Wins, WHIP, K, ERA, Saves, Holds)).

Bumgarner $28
David Price $24
Mike Minor $12
Ubaldo Jimenez $1
Francisco Liriano $1
A.J. Burnett $1
David Robertson $1
Fernando Rodney $1
Glen Perkins $9

My last slot will probably be for either $1 Everth Cabrera or $1 Brad Miller.

Nobody to lose sleep over. $1 Dunn, $1 Loney, $1 Kelly Johnson, $26 Bourn, others are either scraps or last year of contract, thus ineligible for keeping.

I could keep $39 Andrew McCutchen, but I may be able to get him back for that or less.

I'm not going to keep Kelly Johnson, but he could really have some value this season. Decent utility bat or to have on bench, multi-position eligibility, LH in Yankee Stadium.

If anyone would like to make a case for deep NL only sleepers, that's a discussion I wouldn't mind having..

Either/or. I'm pretty set on prospects though. It's a dynasty league. I need someone to talk me into Neil walker/Alex Guerrero and a sorry third baseman. Or Chris owings winning a job in AZ

TBreaz, gonna answer that in this butch...

Kolten Wong may be a solution. Idk if he'll wind up with 3B eligibility, but still. Another Card, Bourjos, could help out if he's gonna bat second in that lineup and counting stats are part of your scoring.

Tanner Roark for WSH is a tweaked back away from being a solid option. I think he'll slide in before Taylor Jordan.

My man Anthony Rendon will get 3B eligibility, I think.

I know nothing about him but I've seen Khris Davis for Milwaukee mentioned.

Yasmani Grandal when he returns... Austin Hedges long-term.

Mike Olt has a chance to platoon with Rizzo or Valbuena. Could be someone back from the dead.

You probably already have solid prospects but Taillon and Giolito would be awesome to have.

TBreaz, gonna answer that in this butch...

Kolten Wong may be a solution. Idk if he'll wind up with 3B eligibility, but still. Another Card, Bourjos, could help out if he's gonna bat second in that lineup and counting stats are part of your scoring.

Tanner Roark for WSH is a tweaked back away from being a solid option. I think he'll slide in before Taylor Jordan.

My man Anthony Rendon will get 3B eligibility, I think.

I know nothing about him but I've seen Khris Davis for Milwaukee mentioned.

Yasmani Grandal when he returns... Austin Hedges long-term.

Mike Olt has a chance to platoon with Rizzo or Valbuena. Could be someone back from the dead.

You probably already have solid prospects but Taillon and Giolito would be awesome to have.

Rendon, Davis, Taillon, and Grandal are rostered. I will be drafting Giolito. I plan on getting Bourjos later. Olt is possible.. Wong is certainly an option. How good is Roark?

Roark isn't really a prospect... just a guy who relies on pitchability. Not a ton of swing and miss, just pounds the zone. Jordan has better stuff, so on upside the higher ceiling.

Not gonna oversell Roark, because he'll rely on the defense and could get hit around a lot, but as far as deep deep nl only goes he and Jordan matter.

Jordan had a swstr% over 10. which is really nice company. Roarks was 6%

First strike percentage has Jordan among the worst and Roark among the best.

Is AJ Cole rostered?

If the roster is big enough, platoon a guy like denorfia. He murders lefties.

Ruggiano against lefties.

Hell, Neil Walker against righties and Scutaro against lefties. That makes 2b a strength off two guys people sort of make a strange face at when you draft them.

It's a 25 man roster + minor league "system" .. Platoon splits are taken into account

Scutaro is gone, I'm trying to talk myself into Neil walker.

Ok dbake.. My lineup is looking like

Reyes SS
Beltran LF
Braun CF
McCann C
Stanton RF
Headley 3b
Rizzo 1b
Walker 2b

Also own Yadi and Yelich so far. Trying to deal Yadi for kings ransom. (Braun and Stanton have same OF rating, both higher than Beltran, so either will play CF. My OF defense will take a knock but I'll roll with a defensive sub or two late in games)

Rotation - Zimmerman, Bumgarner, Latos, Liriano, Cueto

That's all the big leaguers I own at the moment. Several minors and draft will be rolling for the next ~4 weeks.

NL only, 12 teams

Reyes is oh so frustrating.

If you deal Yadi, who is catching?

He's an American Leaguer

So is Beltran and Reyes. They are grandfathered in. You are allowed to keep three crossover players from your roster. All unkept AL players in the league disappear. Also cannot draft any ALer.

how much longer is mccann yours? forever as long as he is kept?

if his "eligibility" is set to run out, may consider stashing hedges.

Forever as long as I'm willing to sacrifice one of my three crossover keepers on him. I will look at hedges towards the end of this draft if available. Not sure he's gonna hit. Way better real life player than fantasy

Forever as long as I'm willing to sacrifice one of my three crossover keepers on him. I will look at hedges towards the end of this draft if available. Not sure he's gonna hit. Way better real life player than fantasy

absolutely. means he'll get there fairly soon, but you're right, you can hold out for someone who can bring the noise. i can never lock my mind into fantasy only.

Just did a random mock and love this roster

3b-wright
Cf-harper
1b-zman
C-mccann
Rf-werth
Ss-zobrist
Lf-upton
Dh-abreu
2b-altuve
bench: everth, Gardner, Salvador Perez, leonys martin, norichi aoki

Staff:
Kershaw, buchholz, liriano, nova, wheeler

Lincecum, eovaldi, clippard, Jim Johnson, uehara, kimbrel

Anybody play in a league that utilizes FAAB for in season free agents? If so, what are your thoughts?

VN Store

Back