MLB second for favorite sport

The drop in baseball's popularity shows signs of a drop in baseball's popularity.

Is that Darren rovell or Al Einstein?

I'm not sure why the NFL being the most popular sport is ever news.

Surprised baseball hasn't trended slightly back upward in recent years, but don't totally care.

I'm SHOCKED that only one percent more people listed the NBA as their favorite sport than the people who choose the NHL.

I'm SHOCKED that only one percent more people listed the NBA as their favorite sport than the people who choose the NHL.

I'm not. The NBA is just as irrelevant as hockey.

It could go out of business tomorrow and most of America would not notice.

I think if people would actually watch the NBA, they'd love it.

I think if people would actually watch the NBA, they'd love it.

I think you're wrong.

It's on tv, not like Americans have some aversion to sports on tv.

I watch about 2 minutes of it a year. Then wonder who in the hell watches this garbage.

I think you're wrong.

It's on tv, not like Americans have some aversion to sports on tv.

I watch about 2 minutes of it a year. Then wonder who in the hell watches this garbage.

My Dad is the same way. I've never understood the aversion to it. It's not like we're in the 80s and nobody is play defense or calling traveling.

Strong regional sport. I don't know anyone who likes the NBA more.

I'll concede that after Jordan retired, it was pretty bad for several years. Right now the league is as entertaining as ever. College football is still probably my favorite, but the NBA and MLB are 2a and 2b.

15 years ago I watched college basketball and hardly any NBA. Now it's reversed. College BB has become garbage. I watch the UT games and that's about it.

Reactions: 1 person
My Dad is the same way. I've never understood the aversion to it. It's not like we're in the 80s and nobody is play defense or calling traveling.

You need to hook him up with a username and password.

I lost interest after the Lakers and Celtics of the 80s.

I thought I was interested in the 90s, but looking back I was only interested in Jordan.

I absolutely find the NBA boring as watching paint dry.

Would pick MLB, NHL, soccer, golf, lumberjack sports, etc. over it everytime.

80s and 90s were definitely a golden age as far as superstars. But I think the actual product is as good as ever right now.

Hah! Auto racing has 7% while the nba has ONLY 6%. SUCK IT TALL PEOPLE.

Also auto racing fans are poorly educated. I resent that remark.

Hockey
NCAA FB
MLB
Soccer
Racing
NFL

Basketball doesn't do much for me, I might watch a few minutes here and there when surfing channels.

MLB
NBA
NCAAB
NCAAF
NHL
NFL

NHL would be higher if there was more of it on TV.

Hah! Auto racing has 7% while the nba has ONLY 6%. SUCK IT TALL PEOPLE.

Also auto racing fans are poorly educated. I resent that remark.

"while those with a high school education or less tend to gravitate to auto racing."

Ouch.

I'm not sure I buy this poll; I don't think there's any doubt the NFL is the most popular by a long shot, but the NBA being barely above the NHL?

I could be wrong but doesn't the NBA get better ratings than MLB? And the NHL barely registers.

15 years ago I watched college basketball and hardly any NBA. Now it's reversed. College BB has become garbage. I watch the UT games and that's about it.

I prefer the NBA now to college. Ten years ago, I preferred college basketball. I don't really get as interested in college basketball unless it's UT or it's in March.

VN Store

Back