Atlanta Braves Thread XI (Gary Sheffield edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the rumors about how things unfolded at Texas in the past 24hrs are scintillating.

Apparently Mack Brown sabotaged their chance at Saban and wouldn't step down until Saban's decision was made known.

Rumors tho...

Some of the rumors about how things unfolded at Texas in the past 24hrs are scintillating.

Apparently Mack Brown sabotaged their chance at Saban and wouldn't step down until Saban's decision was made known.

Rumors tho...

Don't care if it's true or not, still awesome!

Sincere question...

Does CCM hate losing? I mean truly hate it. Sometimes I wonder how much fire to win, or simply not to lose he has.

I'm really not trying to be cute or incendiary.

Sincere question...

Does CCM hate losing? I mean truly hate it. Sometimes I wonder how much fire to win, or simply not to lose he has.

I'll start with a preemptive apology because I don't mean to say this and have it come across as an ashhole but, what the fsck does that even mean? Doesn't hating to lose have a direct correlation to leading to winning?

Sincere question...

Bill Belichick might be the greatest coach in any sport of the last 30 years, yet to watch him on the sideline, you couldn't tell whether he gives a crap whether he wins or not.

If there's anything I've learned about being a sports fan, it's that it's mostly pointless to speculate about the internal mental state of the participants.

I'll start with a preemptive apology because I don't mean to say this and have it come across as an ashhole but, what the fsck does that even mean? Doesn't hating to lose have a direct correlation to leading to winning?

No offense taken. It's a vague question.

My point is why does it take our backs completely against the wall for our team and our coach to show urgency. He mostly shows little to no emotion throughout games. I'm puzzled by this.

I've heard many great coaches say that they hate losing much more than they love winning. Some take it too far (Bobby Knight).

We're over two years into his tenure and I'm still looking for reasons why CCM hasn't gotten over the hump. Not just getting to the tournament, but showing that losing is unacceptable, whether it's December or March.

No offense taken. It's a vague question.

My point is why does it take our backs completely against the wall for our team and our coach to show urgency. He mostly shows little to no emotion throughout games. I'm puzzled by this.

I've heard many great coaches say that they hate losing much more than they love winning. Some take it too far (Bobby Knight).

We're over two years into his tenure and I'm still looking for reasons why CCM hasn't gotten over the hump. Not just getting to the tournament, but showing that losing is unacceptable, whether it's December or March.

I have no idea why so many fans get hung up on a coach's sideline demeanor. What percentage of a coach's job is spent during a game with a camera on his face? One tenth of one percent? Less? What does it matter what his face looks like during that ridiculously tiny sliver of time?

I have no idea why so many fans get hung up on a coach's sideline demeanor. What percentage of a coach's job is spent during a game with a camera on his face? One tenth of one percent? Less? What does it matter what his face looks like during that ridiculously tiny sliver of time?

Point taken. Forget I mentioned it.

Point taken. Forget I mentioned it.

Well admittedly, to answer my own question, visible passion is easy for fans to connect with and root for. I just don't think it has that much to do with the actual job.

Same thing is going on with the Falcons -- lots of fans are pissed off at Mike Smith because he doesn't look angry enough. But it's not like him yelling at professional players is going to magically make them play better.

I personally love Cuonzo Martin's overall persona of calm badassetry. I just don't think there's any evidence he's a good enough basketball coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back