The Offseason Thread

The Yanks would be royally screwed without Cano. They aren't looking good next year.

I think the Yanks HAVE TO land Tanaka

Fixed.

Really interested to see what they do this offseason. A lot of dominos will start to fall. They can't be serious about getting under the $189 tax limit.

They have CC and Nova in the rotation for sure, Pineda is a huge question IMO, Kuroda is talking about retirement and they need bullpen help too. A lot of question on the pitching side.

Then they need a catcher (McCann?) resign Cano, who knows what's going on at 3rd. Losing Granderson, so chasing Beltran and Choo, who wants to get paid.

As a Sox fan living in NY, I'm real interested on how they approach this offseason with all the questions, should be very busy and entertaining.

Beltran is old, do not want. The Yanks need to get younger, not older

Beltran is old, do not want. The Yanks need to get younger, not older

Agreed, but what's gonna be available, 2 years to Beltran would be nothing for them and it would be a million times better than the slop they ran out there last year.

Wonder if there's any truth to this...

@scottlevesque: Rumor has it if the #Braves lose Tim Hudson they will target John Lackey in a trade with the #RedSox.

Wonder if there's any truth to this...

@scottlevesque: Rumor has it if the #Braves lose Tim Hudson they will target John Lackey in a trade with the #RedSox.

Why would the Sox trade him?

Why would the Sox trade him?

I guess depends on what they could get in return. They have a lot of options for starters next year and should have plenty of money to add guys if needed, but I would think the offer would have to be pretty decent for them to move him after the year he just had.

I guess depends on what they could get in return. They have a lot of options for starters next year and should have plenty of money to add guys if needed, but I would think the offer would have to be pretty decent for them to move him after the year he just had.

You can have Dan Uggla

Reactions: 1 person
Was going to say no thanks to mr lackey but he's due 15M in 2014 and 500k(!!) in 2015.. So yes, depending on the prospect haul.

If Troy Tulowitzki goes to the St. Louis Cardinals I will punch something.

Calling out clubs for not wanting to pay extreme amounts to his clients. Makes me sick as a fan that he can be so greedy. To me it is ruining things for fans and ball clubs who are trying to compete with large market teams. At least that is how I feel. May be in the minority, but he comes off as a real scumbag. Always has.

Calling out clubs for not wanting to pay extreme amounts to his clients. Makes me sick as a fan that he can be so greedy. To me it is ruining things for fans and ball clubs who are trying to compete with large market teams. At least that is how I feel. May be in the minority, but he comes off as a real scumbag. Always has.

What's the recent example / situation you are referring to?

The steroid era was very profitable for Boras. New TV contracts should be as well. I guess the tax is putting a limit on spending.

Boras isn't struggling even the least bit. Losing Cano probably stung him, though. It's up to those owners/GMs to be smart and execute their plans regardless of what Boras is spewing.

Boras isn't struggling even the least bit. Losing Cano probably stung him, though. It's up to those owners/GMs to be smart and execute their plans regardless of what Boras is spewing.

Exactly right. What the hell is Boras doing? Oh that's right, his job...and well. If nobody agrees to give his client the obscene amounts of money he's demanding then he will have to adjust. Until then, he continues to be the best in his particular profession where the one responsibility of an agent is to try and get the best, most profitable contract for each and every one of his clients.

Exactly. Dude is ruthless, but has the interest of his clients in mind and is absolutely dominant. If a player wants security and to stay in a good spot for less money, that's cool with him... but most players want straight cash.

random thoughts:

Nationals should go get ryan hanigan, please.
Reported interest in Oliver Perez and Javier Lopez makes a lot of sense.

Random executive said Rendon would be the starting point for a David Price package. The fact that they are "willing to listen to offers" on Span may be related, too. Think that makes more sense than the "trade span, pursue ellsbury" possibility.
Has apparently been mention of a Samardzija package, too... which would make Atlanta fans oh so overjoyed. Has been mention of them trying to get a younger guy and insta-extend like they did with Gio.

VN Store

Back