The Pittsburg Pirates and hope.

crazyguy

Offense U
The Pittsburg Pirates seem to have it all, a storied tradition and a loyal fan base- but they've been terrible for quite some time. In fact, In the 2010 season- they went 57-105. The pirates famously traded away just about any useable body they had on the roster in order to build up the team slowly through the draft. They were convinced that over time they could turn things around. And they did. They're back in the playoffs.
Tennessee can do the same thing but it's going to take some time. There are going to be near misses, and some hilltops along the way. We should see progress over the next few years, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking that this thing is going to get changed around all at once.

Not sure I'd call it such a loyal fan base. Sure, a bunch of people popped out of the woodworks this series and the 5 game set against St. Louis earlier this year, but only a handful of us have actually followed the team throughout the years.

Not sure I'd call it such a loyal fan base. Sure, a bunch of people popped out of the woodworks this series and the 5 game set against St. Louis earlier this year, but only a handful of us have actually followed the team throughout the years.

Straight from a true #P4DL

I've been a Pirates fan since the Clemente years of the late 1960s and early 1970s. We just haven't had much to cheer about since the early 1990s, when they ran into a brick financial wall, one created by their inability to compete with large-market teams once their players went on the free agent market. That was the real stimulus for the full-scale selloff beginning with Bonds, Bonilla and Van Slyke.

The Pittsburg Pirates seem to have it all, a storied tradition and a loyal fan base- but they've been terrible for quite some time. In fact, In the 2010 season- they went 57-105. The pirates famously traded away just about any useable body they had on the roster in order to build up the team slowly through the draft. They were convinced that over time they could turn things around. And they did. They're back in the playoffs.
Tennessee can do the same thing but it's going to take some time. There are going to be near misses, and some hilltops along the way. We should see progress over the next few years, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking that this thing is going to get changed around all at once.

I'm not sure football and baseball compare well. A 12-game vs. a 160-game season?

Why shake your head to that statement?
It's pretty much the truth.

It didn't take Bama, Miami, FSU, or any other school with a tradition like ours 21 yeats to be relevant again. What makes you think it will take us that long? In 3 years we will be

It didn't take Bama, Miami, FSU, or any other school with a tradition like ours 21 yeats to be relevant again. What makes you think it will take us that long? In 3 years we will be

I don't.
I thought you disagreed that the downfall began around '05.
Simple misunderstanding.

Hope???

I HOPE it doesn't take that long. I'm not sure directv is available in the afterlife.

VN Store

Back