Bud Selig

20 years too late.

MLB is on the edge right now. Without some changes, it's going to be the NHL in 10-15 years.

It's clearly been passed by football in the past 20 years. Kids aren't playing it in inner cities. The ratings are fragile. And it's generally not seen as "cool".

This. Nobody under 25 cares about baseball it seems. It's all NBA and NFL

It's clearly been passed by football in the past 20 years. Kids aren't playing it in inner cities. The ratings are fragile. And it's generally not seen as "cool".

I don't disagree with any of that but I'm not sure what, if anything can be done to change this...

I am literally one of the few. I can't find anyone that actually will sit down and watch a full nine inning game and actually knows what happened at my age.

Tru. I understand people thinking it's somewhat boring. Not sure what anyone can do about that. Perhaps not let hitters leave the box between pitches? I see the Union fighting like hell to not let that happen..

Youth baseball is alive and well.

I agree but in my experiences, not as many kids play high school baseball when I played six/seven years ago and definitely not twenty years ago.

Tru. I understand people thinking it's somewhat boring. Not sure what anyone can do about that. Perhaps not let hitters leave the box between pitches? I see the Union fighting like hell to not let that happen..

Football games are getting longer and longer and seems to not be a problem for whatever reason. Honestly, I'm starting to think it's a generational thing.

My little brother has infinite more options playing in my ole hometown compared to when I was his age in the same town. Youth baseball all up through the high school level is alive and thriving in Middle Tennessee, anyway.

Part of the problem is that MLB does not do well promoting its young stars like the NBA IMO.

Football games are getting longer and longer and seems to not be a problem for whatever reason. Honestly, I'm starting to think it's a generational thing.

But you usually get an instant replay after every play and there are never times like in baseball where literally nothing happens until the hitter gets a hit, walks, or strikes out. No action if you will...

With concussions on the rise and the overall risk assiciated with football, dont be surprised to see the MLB make a serious comeback with the youth. It goes in cycles.

I cannot tell you the last time I watched a football game in its entirety.

VN Store

Back