MLB Trade Deadline

TBrown

Wolf of Beale Street
Orioles pickup Feldmen and Clevenger from the Cubs for Jake Arrieta, Pedro Strop, and additional international spending money

Let it begin

Oh interesting. Very nice.

inb4 pirates get giancarlo

Camp and Gregg are going to go, Garza, James Russell, Nate Schierholtz, Scott Hairston, soriano, possibly Castro and the shark .. This could be an all-timer by the Cubs

****ing do it ya pussies!

^^ in case pirates management reads this thread

Your inb4 something that isn't happening, front office considers Taillon untouchable and I don't see a deal without him.

IMO, you give up anything for Stanton. He's got three years under team control.

Reactions: 1 person
There were certainly years in the past the pirates would've been more successful consulting volnation instead of making there own dumbass decisions.

The other Chicago team is going to get a good return on Jesse Crain at the deadline. Seems like every contending team is going to make a run at him.

IMO, you give up anything for Stanton. He's got three years under team control.

I tend to agree with this. However the organization values pitching so much more than hitting, considers Taillon an even better prospect than Cole, and with Burnett alluding to retirement after this year and Wandy's future being uncertain Taillon could very well be in the rotation to start next year. I'd be surprised to see them pull the trigger on the deal

Reds need to get in on the Stanton talk. Absolutely nothing coming from left field.

Reds need to get in on the Stanton talk. Absolutely nothing coming from left field.

Is Ludwick still expected back mid August? Agree that I wouldn't count on him doing anything this year at this point just hasn't heard if he has had any further setbacks

I'm wondering if the Cards will do anything to address shortstop. I don't think Kozma was ever viewed as the long term answer.

Not sure what's out there and available though.

I'm wondering if the Cards will do anything to address shortstop. I don't think Kozma was ever viewed as the long term answer.

Nothing really. Seems the 2 top names mentioned are Alexei Ramirez and Brendan Ryan.

They could revisit the Tavares for Profar deal.

They could revisit the Tavares for Profar deal.

I don't know how serious that ever was. I thought Texas said they wouldn't do it when the rumors were floating. St Louis gm said back in April I think (?) they weren't looking to do it, but would at least think about it if offered from Texas.

Is Ludwick still expected back mid August? Agree that I wouldn't count on him doing anything this year at this point just hasn't heard if he has had any further setbacks

torn labrum, even if he comes back he won't do much. best thing for the reds to do is cut him at the end of this year.

I don't know how serious that ever was. I thought Texas said they wouldn't do it when the rumors were floating. St Louis gm said back in April I think (?) they weren't looking to do it, but would at least think about it if offered from Texas.

Kozma is solid defensively. He's .20ish below the league avg batting and needs to improve that.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back