The Official 2013 MLB Draft Discussion Thread

Scotty's Flat Top

I'm hurtin' Linda
It almost that time again gentlemen and Beef

The Draft will begin live on MLB Network and MLB.com on Thursday, June 6th at 7:00 p.m. (ET). Prior to the start of the Draft, MLB Network will air a Draft preview show, also simulcast on MLB.com, at 6:00 p.m. (ET)

I don't know much about this year.

As always, I hope the Braves take a high school positional prospect

Nor do I, Lotto eluded that this year's crop may be less than stellar but did not elaborate much on it.

Pitching is very very solid at the top with prospects like Stanek, Appel, Manea, Gray, Shipley, and some other high school arms that I don't know much about. Have actually enjoyed watching Arkansas play quite a bit this year whenever Stanek pitches. There is no player in this draft though that stands out like a Bryce Harper.

Pitching is very very solid at the top with prospects like Stanek, Appel, Manea, Gray, Shipley, and some other high school arms that I don't know much about. Have actually enjoyed watching Arkansas play quite a bit this year whenever Stanek pitches. There is no player in this draft though that stands out like a Bryce Harper.

Gotcha. Is there a general consensus number one overall? Who is the top prospect abroad?

Gotcha. Is there a general consensus number one overall? Who is the top prospect abroad?

It'll probably be gray or appel. But apparently the Astros worked meadows and Frazier out this week privately. Cubs will take the appel/gray leftover.

It is between Appel and Gray and seems to be fairly varied as which one will go number one overall. Whichever one doesn't go first looks very likely to go second, and then Kris Bryant to the Rockies at 3 is pretty much a done deal as the best nonpitcher. First baseman for the University of San Diego that hit 30 homers this year, which is the most since the bats in college baseball were changed.

It is between Appel and Gray and seems to be fairly varied as which one will go number one overall. Whichever one doesn't go first looks very likely to go second, and then Kris Bryant to the Rockies at 3 is pretty much a done deal as the best nonpitcher. First baseman for the University of San Diego that hit 30 homers this year, which is the most since the bats in college baseball were changed.

Jesus. 30 is a lot period. But with the latest bats that's almost Will Clark territory. Sounds like a match made in heaven for Coors Field.

No Buxton or Correa types this year. I do like Frazier a lot, though.

Josh Hart or Travis Demeritte are GA boys the braves might go in the second. Demeritte, maybe even in the first. HS 3rd baseman that has all the tools, IMO.

I think Gray will go first. Appel isn't a bad consolation, though.

My favorite pitcher in this D
draft, Stanek, about to take the mound on espnu in an elimination game

My favorite pitcher in this D
draft, Stanek, about to take the mound on espnu in an elimination game

I agree totally. That kid has a lot to offer. I was in Bentonville on business about a month ago (close to Fayetteville) and Arkansas had a home game and saw him pitch. He looks like a big league pitcher with his manerisms on the mound and his stuff is really good.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
I read on Twitter the other day that the Astros could make a surprise pick of Colin Moran 1B/3B from UNC (Jr.). .351/.478/.560 13 HR 85 RBI

TIFWIW

VN Store

Back