Will the Yankees make a trade for an extra bat in the lineup by the Trade deadline?

WoodstockVol

I think The Yankees will have to add another bat in the lineup since Jeter might not come back this season.

They will have help in the Form of guys Like tex Granderson jeter etc. They aren't Quite struggling offensively so far. Not sure who they would trade for. Carlos Quentin maybe

Mike Leake is 25. Has a lifetime record of 29-22 with a 4.21 era. He's more than a serviceable no. 5 starter in the league.

You're right tho, dude totally blows.

This post is 100% me being confrontational.

Don't get it twisted.

Deal with it.

Reactions: 1 person
Mike Leake is 25. Has a lifetime record of 29-22 with a 4.21 era. He's more than a serviceable no. 5 starter in the league.

You're right tho, dude totally blows.

This post is 100% me being confrontational.

Don't get it twisted.

Deal with it.

:birgits_giggle:

Unless the Yanks think they can sneak into the postseason (I think they may be too far out by the trade deadline) and really make some noise once they get there, I think they should react with long-term implications in mind. Jeter is on his way out. Tex has massively underwhelmed and not exactly stayed healthy. Youk isn't exactly very young. And A-Rod....well, no explanation needed there.

They are an aging, injury-prone team, and really need another infusion of talented youth, a la Jeter, Posada, Bernie Williams, etc. in the mid 90s. I'm not familiar with their farm, so I do not know who is waiting in the wings, but if the opportunity to trade Tex/A-Rod or anyone else with little left to offer the Yanks (Vernon Wells to a contender lacking a bat, for instance), NYY should take the opportunity to get younger and sign Cano to a long-term deal.

VN Store

Back