Top 10 Braves players

I get that the braves have had great pitching and that his BA hurts him, but I'd put Murph a lot higher. It's a crock that he isn't a HOFer. Not his fault the Braves were awful in the 80s.

I agree with the below in most cases. #10 could be someone else, maybe Joe Adcock.:dunno:

Fox Sports South

I don't have a problem with it per se when you look at the big picture and all the terrific gold glove seasons and all those years of slugging. But, I can see why it may be questionable. He literally just dropped off and lost it. Very strange and maybe suspicous to see a player fall that dramatically.

I don't have a problem with it per se when you look at the big picture and all the terrific gold glove seasons and all those years of slugging. But, I can see why it may be questionable. He literally just dropped off and lost it. Very strange and maybe suspicous to see a player fall that dramatically.

You bite your tongue.

I get that the braves have had great pitching and that his BA hurts him, but I'd put Murph a lot higher. It's a crock that he isn't a HOFer. Not his fault the Braves were awful in the 80s.

I dont much remember Murph but the by most accounts everyone says he needed just one or two more big seasons to be a HOF. I can't comment either way though since he was before my time.

You bite your tongue.

It was strange. Coming off that 51 HR season and then following up with 41 he was in line to for a serious payday with Boras. But something happened, right when he should've been peaking. Odd case. Hated to see it.

It was strange. Coming off that 51 HR season and then following up with 41 he was in line to for a serious payday with Boras. But something happened, right when he should've been peaking. Odd case. Hated to see it.

Steroids? Possibly.

Lying about his age? I'd say probably.

That's an avenue I had yet to explore. Entirely possible.

You'd have to buy the idea that Andruw Jones forgot the ability to play baseball at 29 years old. I can't buy that. I'm buying he was three years older than he said he was.

Steroids? Possibly.

Lying about his age? I'd say probably.

His Dad was a pretty popular local player in Curaçao and his career is pretty well documented going back to youth leagues. He'd have a hard time doing much lying about his age.

Andruw's gotta be Top 10, IMO. The PREMIER defensive CF of his era, possibly of all eras. I'd also bump Chipper ahead of Maddux, based on longevity, career numbers, and commitment to the organization.

VN Store

Back