The Official Mike Trout Thread

Scotty's Flat Top

I'm hurtin' Linda
As of today .356 16 HRs 49 RBIs .413 OBP

1st in AL in batting average, 1st in Runs (74) 1st in steals (31) 3rd in slugging (.606) 2nd in OPS (1.019)

And the kid can't even buy beer yet.. all this while providing Gold Glove caliber defense.

Unbelievable.

Yep, it could end up being one of the best all around statistical seasons as well if he keeps up this pace.

Doing a little better than his overhyped counterpart in DC anyway

You act like Trout being out of this world makes Harper bad. And it's just a strange notion.

I don't care if Trout is great. I am as glad as anybody that he is. He's an absolute boss. And I hope he keeps it up.

And I really don't care what ESPN wants them to be. Glad it gets baseball coverage, though.

I'd like to see an Angels/Nationals world series. Maybe the best possible match up ratings wise. And simply match ups throughout the series.

Trout is everything ESPN wants Harper to be

I disagree with this.

I think ESPN, like some of you and the haters, wanted Harper to pull some brash, cocky moves so that he could be a huge, polarizing talking point for them. While Trout was always the good guy. Regardless of their performances.

He has disappointed them, in that regard. Not on the field. :hi:

Espn is all about Harper bro, and I'm not hating on Harper.. Kid is a ball player but Trout is well, he is just better.. Minus the sexy 500 foot bombs and "I wanna be a superstar" attitude.

I do think Harper will be better than Heyward though.. And that's high praise from me. Trout is on pace to do something that has never been done in his first full season.

He may have the best season ever by a twenty year old. It could easily be the best season of his career. which is fine.

On a side note. Heyward and Harpers debut seasons are eerily similar, but I don't think Harper will sophomore slump. Either way exciting to be able to watch these guys develop.

Yeah. They just all have a whole lot of career left. And are all awesome. Look at trouts 19 year old numbers vs Harper's.

Not saying Harper will go off next year like trout has. But there will be some ridiculous years from all three.

One would think that he would start dropping off soon.. but I dont know with this one. Obviously he can't keep going at this pace but he hasn't even matured yet. Not suppose to be this good this early.

I wish Trout was on the team that's actually located in LA. Trout and Harper will both be good for a long time and Rizzo is in there too.

VN Store

Back