The Official Chicago Cubby Bears Thread

Should merge with the other one, but the premise is just good enough that I can let it stand on its own.

They are my favorite NL team, plus I'll never have to worry about a conflict of interest if they meet the Rangers in the World Series. And probably. The bleacher party at Wrigley is second to the game.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't even watch baseball, but the experience/atmosphere at Wrigley was so good, that I am a casual fan.

Also, I was really drunk, so I'm probably why they lost to the Rockies when I went. (You're welcome, Todd Helton)

And I didn't recognize the other thread complaining about how terrible they are until after I made this thread. :) No cubby bears in the title.

On the way out of the ballpark, on the Purple "L", Cubby Bears fans were going in between the train cars and standing on the coupling, peeing off onto the tracks while the train was bookin it through the "express" section. I thought surely they were going to die.

And this is exactly why the Cubs are the MLB's best franchise.

First of all Wrigley Field is a dump. The facilities is the smallest in baseball. The locker room is an old hallway. Players have complained about showering under a broken pipe sticking out of the wall.

Besides the clubhouse, the issue for the players really comes down to training facilities...or lack there of. There is little if no room for video analysis for players and coaches. Some people in the organization complain the offices are so small they can't have a good number of qualified scouts.

The concourses are dark, small and have a smell of mold and sewage.

The seats are cramped as are the aisles.

The bathrooms are hellish.

No parking.

Horrible traffic.

Thank God the Cardinals gave up on sportsman's park 50 years ago.

First of all Wrigley Field is a dump. The facilities is the smallest in baseball. The locker room is an old hallway. Players have complained about showering under a broken pipe sticking out of the wall.

Besides the clubhouse, the issue for the players really comes down to training facilities...or lack there of. There is little if no room for video analysis for players and coaches. Some people in the organization complain the offices are so small they can't have a good number of qualified scouts.

No parking.

Horrible traffic.

So jealous.

Mother is from Chicago, so I have a soft spot for the Cubbies. Would be great for baseball if they made it to the Fall Classic... Can you imagine a World Series at Wrigley? That is a party a 100 years in the making.

Mother is from Chicago, so I have a soft spot for the Cubbies. Would be great for baseball if they made it to the Fall Classic... Can you imagine a World Series at Wrigley? That is a party a 100 years in the making.

At the same time, any time I hear somebody refer to Cubs fans as "long-suffering" my reaction is that whoever says that doesn't really understand Cubs fans.

Wrigley Field is like a monument or a shrine. It's more for the tourist then Baseball.

No parking.

Horrible traffic.

TRUTH!!!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I have been conditioned by posts I read in the FF to believe that posts made by the user 'VolBeef88' are worthless, and should be disregarded. I will choose to apply that filter here.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back