Official Thread of the St. Louis Cardinals

(vader @ Mar 14 said:
I've been a Cardinals fan since I was a kid. Ozzie Smith, Willie McGee.

Any other cardinals fans here?

I am from Kansas City, ever since interleague play I have gotten to watch the I-70 series every July. I love the Royals, but I have to admire the whole town of StL and their devotion to baseball.

Saw my first live pro game at KC in '86. I was there visiting family. I still wasn't over the '85 series. :no:

(vader @ Mar 14 said:
Saw my first live pro game at KC in '86. I was there visiting family. I still wasn't over the '85 series. :no:

I would say the Cards have reason to argue game 6, except that the Royals won game 7 by, what, 8 runs?

(therealUT @ Mar 14 said:
I would say the Cards have reason to argue game 6, except that the Royals won game 7 by, what, 8 runs?

Yeah, but that should have been the last out of the last game.

Granted, they got shelled in game 7. 20 years later, I guess I'm over it.

I saw two Cards' games in the summer of 1999 in Cincinnati. Got to see McGwire hit one out in the second game in about 100 degree heat... :rock:

(vader @ Mar 14 said:
Yeah, but that should have been the last out of the last game.

Granted, they got shelled in game 7. 20 years later, I guess I'm over it.

At least your Cards have enough money to hold onto good players...imagine the Royals line up if they had the money to keep Damon and Dye. And their pitching would be bolstered by Byrd, Astacio, and Tom Gordon. In no way world beaters, but they would at least contend for the AL Central year in and year out...oh well.

Disclaimer: this is in not support for revenue sharing or salary cap, just wish an owner with money would buy the Royals.

(tidwell @ Mar 14 said:
I saw two Cards' games in the summer of 1999 in Cincinnati. Got to see McGwire hit one out in the second game in about 100 degree heat... :rock:

:rock: :rock: :rock:

:banghead: :banghead: :thefinger: the cardinals. GO CUBS!!!

CD-MLB-CHN-2MAG.JPG

Yeeeaaaah boyeee

2345, CBC, let's go!

The Cubs aren't so bad. They're actually kinda cute down there in 3rd or 4th place.

(tidwell @ Mar 14 said:
The Cubs aren't so bad. They're actually kinda cute down there in 3rd or 4th place.

Crazy baseball story about the shlubs. I had always wanted to see a game at Wrigley, being somewhat of a history buff. In '02, I picked a Cardinals game to go see. My friend and I and our wives scalped tickets and ended up getting seats in left field foul territory. Game time came and nothing happened. We were sitting there confused as to what the deal was. Turns out it was the game in which the Cardinals pitcher had died and they cancelled the game. My only game at Wrigley and it got cancelled. I paid a lot of money for those seats too.

(vols2345 @ Mar 14 said:
:banghead: :banghead: :thefinger: the cardinals. GO CUBS!!!

It takes a special kind of fan (special ed maybe) to pick the biggest losers in the history of baseball to be your team.

Who is your pro football team, The Arizona Cardinals?

:lol:

I remember that game, vader. It was gonna be the FOX Game of the Week that Saturday. Jack Buck died later that year, too.

(vader @ Mar 15 said:
Crazy baseball story about the shlubs. I had always wanted to see a game at Wrigley, being somewhat of a history buff. In '02, I picked a Cardinals game to go see. My friend and I and our wives scalped tickets and ended up getting seats in left field foul territory. Game time came and nothing happened. We were sitting there confused as to what the deal was. Turns out it was the game in which the Cardinals pitcher had died and they cancelled the game. My only game at Wrigley and it got cancelled. I paid a lot of money for those seats too.

That's tough. I got to see a Cub game from the left center bleachers against the Mets a few years back before Maddux went to the Braves. He pitched that night. I don't remember a lot about the game (lotsa beer bought with expense account money) except that the crazies out there were pretty adament about throwing opposition home run balls back onto the field. I'm not a big Cub fan but I enjoyed the experience. Wrigley's a national treasure. The most exciting part of the event was the cab ride to and from the park. I'm still shakin'. Some of those Iranian cab drivers could show the Nextel boys a thing or two. BTW, go REDS!

I have an older brother who's always been a Cardinal fan. His hero was Stan Musial. Any of you kids out there ever see Stan the Man play? He was a hitting machine!

(OrangeEmpire @ Mar 15 said:
I am a fan of being a Cardinal Hater!

:bad: :p :blink: :birgits_giggle:

Go Redlegs!

99mrred.gif

Hey OE, this Friday is St Patricks day. Think the Reds will wear the green uni's for their preseason game this year?

Count on green Reds uniforms!

The Reds are trying to get all the money they can from any where!

Only a few more days until the Cardinals begin their march for their 5th Central Division title in the last 6 years. :rock:

(tidwell @ Mar 30 said:
Only a few more days until the Cardinals begin their march for their 5th Central Division title in the last 6 years. :rock:
:rock:

2-0 Cards in the 4th.

Pujols homered in the 3rd. :dance2:

5-0 now. Bases loaded with Pujols batting. :rock:

I smell a pitching change for the Sillies...

VN Store

Back