Milwaukee Brewers Thread

Unimane

I feel my team has earned their own thread, as they are 3 games up on the Cardinals at the moment. I'm not the biggest baseball aficionado, but I do follow the exploits of my Wisconsin teams and have suffered through many lean years since my childhood when the Brewers were in their Yount, Molitor, Gantner, Higuera and Cooper era. Sadly, the '82 Series came when I was 5 and couldn't appreciate it. Perhaps I will get another opportunity this year.

They better because, with Fielder leaving, it's likely it will implode after this year. Of course, I had hope in 2008 when they made the Wild Card after renting Sabathia for the stretch. Then, they fizzled against the Phillies. I can't see them getting past the Phillies this year, either, but maybe they can make some noise in the playoffs.

11-1 over the last 12 games and still only 3 games up on St. Louis heading into a 3 game set at Busch. If we get by with 1 out of 3 there, it's off to Pittsburgh. They are riding a 10 game losing streak, but are bound to have their luck turn soon. I hope it's not at our expense. It is nice to be in a pennant race, for once.

I think this might be a lonely thread, Unimane. They're playing very well, though.

Brewers fan here. Nice to see them playing so well. Love a team that can flat out slug it. Where in WI you from?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I think this might be a lonely thread, Unimane. They're playing very well, though.

Yes, I know. The Brewers aren't a sexy team, but being a fan of Wisconsin teams pretty much guarantees I will never be called a bandwagon fan.

I dislike the Brewers much less than I dislike the Cards. Hopefully they Brew Crew can hold them off.

90 wins should get the division. 92 would guarantee it.

Two teams play 9 more times I believe.

Sweetness, we get the first of three and go up by 4 games. Brewers pull 2 out of 3 and I'm a happy man come Thursday heading to Pittsburgh.

Up 5. Still a long way to go. Regardless, at worst, we are up 4 going back home for 6 games. Cautiously optimistic.

OK, I'm feeling pretty good now. I'm not sure even the Brewers could screw this up now.

I'm wondering if Gamel will take Fielders place if/when the Brew crew loses Prince.

Magic number at 19. I think we've got this. Looking at the Braves for the Division Series.

VN Store

Back