Is Derek Jeter done?

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
Obviously he'll never be that MVP-type player he was, but the last few months he hasn't even looked like a good player.

Hopefully he'll get it figured out. I'm not expecting "MVP" type numbers, but something approaching normal.

Derek Jeter has never been an MVP type player in my mind. I have respect for the guy, he is a winner and a leader but I will never back down from my feeling that he is without question the most overrated player in the last few generations.

He still has some left in the tank, he will get it figured out.

Jeter might turn-out be the best non-PED using player over the past generation.

Derek Jeter has never been an MVP type player in my mind. I have respect for the guy, he is a winner and a leader but I will never back down from my feeling that he is without question the most overrated player in the last few generations.

He still has some left in the tank, he will get it figured out.

He's about to become the only Yankee with 3,000 hits.

Jeter might turn-out be the best non-PED using player over the past generation.

Just off the top of my head, Jeter's not even been as good a player as Chipper Jones. And considering that the most common use of PEDs is to help with injury recovery, I think it's pretty clear that Jones has been clean.

Just off the top of my head, Jeter's not even been as good a player as Chipper Jones. And considering that the most common use of PEDs is to help with injury recovery, I think it's pretty clear that Jones has been clean.

More hits. Higher batting average. More runs.

Chipper hits the ball harder and further; that does not, IMO, make him a better ballplayer.

Read yesterday that Jeter has been grounding out to second with amazing frequency. People are beginning to call him 4-3ter. Everybody is pounding him with fastballs.

More hits. Higher batting average. More runs.

Chipper hits the ball harder and further; that does not, IMO, make him a better ballplayer.

More hits and more runs is a function of being a leadoff hitter his whole career. Jones has almost 400 more RBIs, which is a function of hitting third his whole career.

If you take Jeter, you get seven points of batting average and the difference between being a mediocre SS and being a mediocre 3B. If you take Jones, you get 20 points in OBP, 300 (!) points in SLG, and 200 more home runs. You've got to believe in Mystical Yankee Powers for Jeter to make up for all that.

Look at him from Day 1. Not much change, especially when you compare him to others who did use PED.

First, he was jacked his rookie season; however, that could easily mean that he was already using in college and his time in the minors.

Second, he has gotten a lot bigger since his debut in 2001.

First, he was jacked his rookie season; however, that could easily mean that he was already using in college and his time in the minors.

Second, he has gotten a lot bigger since his debut in 2001.

So because all other power hitters have, he has too?

And he has gotten bigger, you can gain muscle by working out.

2001%20cardinals%20-%20pujols%20rookie%20card.jpg

68646_Pujols-SD-DIrk.jpg

VN Store

Back