The Official Houston Astros Thread

unconventional
Am I the only fan?

Given the Astros recent "success". I'll predict 81-81. They've turned into one of those teams that won't improve but won't decline. Although if they were going to decline, this would probably be the year.

Nice, at least I'm not alone. How do you think they'll pan out this season?

They've been filtering in a lot of new/younger faces. I really don't know what that means though. I've seen a lot of new guys come into other franchises and carry them. I've also seen new guys come in and do nothing. Finishing .500 is the easy guess.

Crossing my fingers this team can make a run like the Rangers, Rockies and Rays. That's asking for a lot though...

I thnk anything over 70 wins will be impressive.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

i think everyone will be surprised if they finish .500

Probably true. I've just gotten use to them struggling the first half of the year only to get red hot in the second half of the year. It has become their M.O.

T-O-P, how far do you go back with the Stros? Just out of curiosity.

Early/Mid 90's. Probably mid. Grew up next to Chicago and even had some Cubs gear as a little kid. Didn't take me long to get sick of all the people talking up the regional teams. I pretty much chose the Astros because of the Killer B's. The fact that they rivaled the Cardinals and Cubs was just a bonus. Everyone around here loves St. Louis and Chicago.

You're a younger guy then I take it.

You missed out on the team I grew up with. My first game was in 1986. Those were my heroes.

I can remember those badass uniforms in little league we got to wear growing up just south of Houston.

You're a younger guy then I take it.

You missed out on the team I grew up with. My first game was in 1986. Those were my heroes.

You'd be correct. Your first game was 1986, I was born in 1986. lol

I can remember those badass uniforms in little league we got to wear growing up just south of Houston.

The orange-yellow-red pinstripes? Classic.

Man those were the days. Gerald Young was one of my favorites back then. The 1988 outfield was one of the best in baseball at the time and he was a young guy from Honduras. 1st player ever in the MLB from that country.

Fast as a hiccup and a bit of a showoff. He was what every kid playing in the outfield wanted to be like in that era. Essentially, he was my "Ken Griffey" growing up.

Looking back, that 1988 team was full of great characters. A handful of HoFers too.

Astros-Phillies are the first game of the day. Starts at 1:05 on ESPN. Astros are going to show the Phillies how it's done! Losing that is... :neener2:

Just playin. It's not gonna be sunny in Philadelphia today. The Astros will make sure of that. :crossfingers:

Meyers just topped Halladay with a 6 pinch inning. Good work.

Former Philly pitcher Brett Myers just got the first hit of the game off Halladay. lol

Astros might be in trouble if Myers is the only one getting hits.

Phillies strand a man on third. Glad the first base ump screwed up the call. Should have been safe.

On to the fourth inning... 0-0

Myers is 2 for 2. lol

Astros have guys on 1st and 3rd with 2 outs.

Astros strand two. Damn.

Halladay's already up to 80 pitches or so after 5 innings.

101 pitches for Halladay after 6.

Myers has thrown 46 through 5.

Myers on fire. After starting 2 for 2, he bunted guys over to 2nd and 3rd. Only 1 out.

Michael Bourn with the triple! Two more runs score.

3-0 Astros

VN Store

Back