The Official MiLB Thread

YankeeVol

Veni Vidi Vici
I go to a lot of Savannah Sand Gnats (Mets single A) games. Usually on 2 for Tuesdays and thirsty Thursdays :) And its only $4 (last year) for general admission for military

I try to make it up to as many Charleston RiverDogs (Yankees single A) games as I can. I tell ya one thing, for a single A team, Charleston has a pretty nice stadium.

Any other VN faithful like Minor League ball?

Last edited:
We go see the Rock Cats (Twins AA) usually once a week, sometimes more if the Sea Dogs are in town
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Going to a Yankee game is almost as much as a family vacation.....especially if you want to see them play a decent team

I love Minor League baseball. The Smokies have a pretty nice set up. I love getting to go to bass pro and a game the same day.

Going to a Yankee game is almost as much as a family vacation.....especially if you want to see them play a decent team

The nice part about the new Yankee Stadium is we can take the train and get off across the street with no transfers for weekend games for $25. Makes getting there easy.

I love Minor League baseball. The Smokies have a pretty nice set up. I love getting to go to bass pro and a game the same day.

Bass Pro and baseball is a great way to spend the day (unless the missus tags along).

I love MiLB. Had season tickets to the Martinsville Astros for many, many years. Housed players and it was a blast hanging with them. Playing poker and talking baseball.

MiLB > MLB.

I work for the Smokies and love it. I hope to get into the player development/minor league part of baseball one day as my career. I can't express how much I love the prospect/scouting aspect of baseball, lol.

MiLB > MLB.

I work for the Smokies and love it. I hope to get into the player development/minor league part of baseball one day as my career. I can't express how much I love the prospect/scouting aspect of baseball, lol.

Keep networking. And as far as player development, always go with your gut. The radar gun and stop watch aren't the best tools.

Both Savannah and Charleston start on April 7th......unfortunately both start on the road. I'll have to wait a week to see a game

I follow the Cards organization pretty closely.

When the Smokies were the Cards affiliate in 03-04, that was awesome. I probably went twice a week then. After I got married and lived in Knoxville I'd make a Smokies game a week, now that I am in Maryville I hardly ever go.

My only gripe is that they try to make it so family/kid friendly at times that it gets overly annoying to someone there wanting to watch the actual game.

I do enjoy an evening at Smokies park a few times every summer. I've been wanting to catch a Redbirds game, but every time I am in Memphis, they seem to be on the road.

I would rather go to minor league games I really like to be able to watch great baseball for $8. When I lived in Louisville ky I went a lot of thirsty thursday game! It was a great happy hour and GREAT ballpark. Now I go to some games in Nashville but the stadium here is awful.

Go to a few Smokie games per year, would go a lot more if the Braves would buy the club and make it their Double-A affiliate. I like to go to Vol games more.

MiLB > MLB.

Mind shooting me a PM on what you do?

I go to several Greenville Drive games each year. Being the single A affiliate of the Red Sox, they have their own replica Green Monster and Pesky's Pole. It really is one of the best minor league parks around. It's fun taking in a game there.

I wish the Sounds were in the Southern league. Way more future talent there and way more teams around the region. I'd probably go all the time, especially if the Mississippi Braves were in town.

It will be nice if the Sounds get a new park downtown. I go to a few of their games but the current stadium is a dump although better than it was a few years ago.

VN Store

Back