Atlanta Braves II

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Phillies decide to let Werth walk, which I think they will because of Dominic Brown, it would not surprise me to see him as a Brave next year. They need a powerful righty in the middle of that lineup with Heyward, McCann, and Freeman all being lefties. He won't be cheap, but he'll definitely be cheaper than Crawford.

Werth is a Scott Boras client. Not a positive sign for him being a Brave.

Why the hell would you punt Hubbard to keep a failure like Pendleton in a sinecure? I see no reason to bend over backwards to keep him in the organization.

Should have went of Joe Torre IMO

Torre's a great manager with a $200 million payroll; my cat would be a great manager with a $200 million payroll. Torre would be an idiot to take a job with a team that has only an $85m-ish payroll like the Braves because it would explode his mystique like a runaway balloon up in the air.

Torre's a great manager with a $200 million payroll; my cat would be a great manager with a $200 million payroll. Torre would be an idiot to take a job with a team that has only an $85m-ish payroll like the Braves because it would explode his mystique like a runaway balloon up in the air.

Haha..wonderfully worded.

GAvol, no need in responding to your cherry-picking efforts. Also, I'm glad you downgraded that astonishing glove to decent.

Pendleton being retained is a joke. Our new bench coach interviewed for the Pirates job today I believe. Not a good start.

I would be surprised if we signed Werth. He will be way too expensive compared to what he's worth, no pun intended, even if he is a perfect fit.

Chipper and his $15 mil will be back. Kawakami will not, but we'll still have to pay at least part of his salary.

Where do you think Torre would be without Rivera? If Bobby would have had Rivera, he would have at least 3 more rings, imo.

Torre took the dodgers to the nlcs twice out of 3 years while having the nl's best record last year. The guy is a very good manager.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Torre took the dodgers to the nlcs twice out of 3 years while having the nl's best record last year. The guy is a very good manager.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

How come he never does more with less, then? The Mets were a crappy organization when Torre managed them; he had a crappy tenure. The Braves got worse over time under Torre, not better, and by the time he left they were the worst team in the majors. The Cardinals were mediocre before Torre got there, mediocre while he was there, and mediocre after he left. He won in New York, where he was given a team with infinite resources. He won at first in LA, where he had one of the highest payrolls in the NL, but as soon as the Dodgers cut back, the team went in the tank. You could pull a random fan out of the stands who could manage as well as Joe Torre. His enormous salary is the biggest waste of money in sports.

I wish Nate McLouth would go. OR... maybe he will rebound tremendously from this year's slump and win the batting title.

John Schuerholz really screwed that one up. I guess I can sort of understand his decision at the time it happened.
He traded two future all stars in Elvis and Feliz! A SS and a Closer. Two big needs for the Braves!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back