Shaq Wiggins dealing with a hip injury

VolsnRavens

I know we had heard he was dealing with an injury, but didn't know for sure what that injury was. Hope he heals quick.

https://www.rockytoptalk.com/2017/8...ins-is-dealing-with-a-hip-injury-sec-football

Tennessee head coach Butch Jones said yesterday that Wiggins has been dealing with a hip injury. Jones said that Wiggins has tried to practice, but hasn’t been able to for “a number a days.”

Jones noted that today is the player’s day off, so maybe that’s what Wiggins needs to get back out there. It sounded like Butch was hinting at that. “He’s been doing a great job with treatments, but we need him back out there,” Jones said.

Reactions: 4 people
Doesn't sound like it's long term. And the bigger corners are better suited for GT. Won't need him the next week. Just get him well.

Reactions: 1 person
can we get a list of non injured vols.......it could possibly be shorter than our injured list

so far pretty minimal injuries for a fall camp for any level of football, yall chill your teats.

Reactions: 6 people
I said from the start Wiggins would not make a big impact on this team. Martin and Moseley are our starting CBs. Shamburger and Labruzza are the talented freshmen backups. Rashaan Gaulden is the starting nickel with Baylen Buchanan as the backup. Wiggins is the odd man out IMO.

Here's how the DB rotation will go this year:

CB - J. Martin (Sr.) / S. Shamburger (Fr.)
CB - E. Moseley (Sr.) / C. Labruzza (Fr.)
Nickel - R. Gaulden (RS Jr.) / B. Buchanan (So.)
FS - M. Abernathy (Jr.) / T. Jackson (Fr.)
SS - N. Warrior (So.) /T. Kelly Jr. (Sr.)

I said from the start Wiggins would not make a big impact on this team. Martin and Moseley are our starting CBs. Shamburger and Labruzza are the talented freshmen backups. Rashaan Gaulden is the starting nickel with Baylen Buchanan as the backup. Wiggins is the odd man out IMO.

If Moseley is a starter we are in no better shape than the last couple of years... Unless Warren has worked exclusively with him about tracking/turning his head/not getting burned every other play, then it will be same song, different season. sorry.

I've been saying that for a while too, but it isn't because our secondary is particularly deep. You just said it yourself that our backups at corner are two true freshmen. That really isn't an indication of depth.

I don't know precisely why, but Wiggins hasn't been able to crack a depth chart anywhere, whether it be Georgia, Louisville, and it appears to be heading that way at Tennessee. He followed Todd Grantham around and when Grantham left Louisville Wiggins left too and came here. I don't know if he isn't coachable, isn't all that talented, or both, but I don't expect much from him. Warren mentioned the other day that he is "adjusting to the culture" as an experienced player, which I think is a nice way of saying he isn't really fitting in with what they are trying to do here.

If he was just a decent player at worst, he'd be at least a backup at one of the corner spots. It isn't like Martin and Moseley are extremely talented players; in fact, their play at times last year was simply bad.

Seem to recall reading he had injury issues while with the Cards? Maybe something lingering? Regardless, I'd fall back on the old school rule.....no practice/no play.

If Moseley is a starter we are in no better shape than the last couple of years... Unless Warren has worked exclusively with him about tracking/turning his head/not getting burned every other play, then it will be same song, different season. sorry.

Not to worry D4H said we are 4 layers deep. He can't name them but they are there and they are awesome.

I actually think Moseley will have a great season this year. Same with Martin. Both will be excellent corners and both will ultimately be drafted.

I've been saying that for a while too, but it isn't because our secondary is particularly deep. You just said it yourself that our backups at corner are two true freshmen. That really isn't an indication of depth.

I don't know precisely why, but Wiggins hasn't been able to crack a depth chart anywhere, whether it be Georgia, Louisville, and it appears to be heading that way at Tennessee. He followed Todd Grantham around and when Grantham left Louisville Wiggins left too and came here. I don't know if he isn't coachable, isn't all that talented, or both, but I don't expect much from him. Warren mentioned the other day that he is "adjusting to the culture" as an experienced player, which I think is a nice way of saying he isn't really fitting in with what they are trying to do here.

If he was just a decent player at worst, he'd be at least a backup at one of the corner spots. It isn't like Martin and Moseley are extremely talented players; in fact, their play at times last year was simply bad.

He started 8 games as a freshman at Georgia, every game in 2015 for Louisville, and was out most of 2016 with injuries. I'd say that qualifies as "cracking a depth chart."

Reactions: 7 people
He started 8 games as a freshman at Georgia, every game in 2015 for Louisville, and was out most of 2016 with injuries. I'd say that qualifies as "cracking a depth chart."

He's played in games, but he's never been a consistent starter. He's already left 2 schools - you don't do that if you have a consistent starting spot.

I actually think Moseley will have a great season this year. Same with Martin. Both will be excellent corners and both will ultimately be drafted.

If true, that will be the biggest improvement of a player in a single season, period. Drafted.... you are freakin cray.

VN Store

Back