Ariel Howard tentatively set to visit TN?

I believe TA&M would have to approve her transfer within conference to be immediately eligible wouldn't they?

You would have to think UConn is the favorite, and she would greatly help offset the losses of Williams and Stevens....

I believe TA&M would have to approve her transfer within conference to be immediately eligible wouldn't they?

You would have to think UConn is the favorite, and she would greatly help offset the losses of Williams and Stevens....

Is that needed for graduate transfers?

Reactions: 2 people
Is that needed for graduate transfers?

If I'm not mistaken, different schools/conferences have their own rules. I know the North Carolina basketball team had to fight for a grad transfer from Pitt's immediate eligibility because they wanted to restrict him from transferring within conference. I'm not sure what the SEC policy is....

It says:

"The 5-foot-11 inch Howard is set to graduate in three years so she would be immediately eligible as a graduate transfer."

Uh-oh....

“She has put a little more pressure to the whole scenario because she wants to win a championship..."

If she picks us, she might want to go the intramural route...

Reactions: 4 people
What kind of graduate journalism program does TN offer? That's her interest for graduate school.

Among the best in the nation. Have you not noticed the large number the Tennessee Alums who work on ESPN and around the nation who are sports Journalists?! Paul Finebaum is just the most well known one. Others include Woody Page, Gene Wojciechowski, former players like Dane Bradshaw (broadcast journalism major), Kara Lawson (business major) and others whose names I would have to look up.

Reactions: 3 people
Among the best in the nation. Have you not noticed the large number the Tennessee Alums who work on ESPN and around the nation who are sports Journalists?! Paul Finebaum is just the most well known one. Others include Woody Page, Gene Wojciechowski, former players like Dane Bradshaw (broadcast journalism major), Kara Lawson (business major) and others whose names I would have to look up.

Charles Davis

Reactions: 1 person

Andraya Carter and Tamika Catchings... Izzy Harrison was afforded an opportunity while she was hear rehabbing after she was drafted. Ariel Massengale worked for the SEC network before working for Matt Insell at Ole Miss.

I think Peyton had a degree in communications, but not sure if bachelors or grad degree.

If she is serious about being a Broadcaster and Journalist and that is placed above her desire to win a championship then we would be the favorite. (IMO)

All she has to do is look at the list of former Lady Vols currently working or have worked to call games for ESPN or other networks.

Kara Lawson, Candace Parker, Tamika Catchings, Andraya Carter, Ariel Massengale, Izzy Harrison (and I'm sure there may have been others).

My question is what makes her think A&M isn't a potential contender? Anything can happen next season and the team she think is an automatic lock could have a bad season.

Azura Stevens should be an example of how to not chase championships.

Reactions: 3 people
Our staff would take Howard in a heart beat, particularly with our front court issues. She would start day 1 and allow Davis to play wing, where she belongs. She'd give our team a higher motor. I hope she picks us, but I could see her going to UCONN or USC.

Our staff would take Howard in a heart beat, particularly with our front court issues. She would start day 1 and allow Davis to play wing, where she belongs. She'd give our team a higher motor. I hope she picks us, but I could see her going to UCONN or USC.

Danni Williams Rs Jr guard from Tex.A&M 14.7 puts. /game. Visiting Uconn with teammates Howard! Looks like the TEAM of the Freshman phenom might have to play by herself next year? 😈

I think they both are grad. Transfers ?

Last edited:
I wonder if Howard is serious about UConn? She said she wanted to play in a Power5 conference, and that won't be happening at UConn.

Howard attempting to go to UCONN will not equate a lot of minutes of playing time in my opinion. Shes a day 1 Starter if she becomes a LV. Also interested to hear about Dani Williams. Shes stated shes always dreamed of being a LV and we were in her Final 2 during her recruitment but chose A&M to have her family make it to every game. I guess those days are over since she wants out also .

Howard attempting to go to UCONN will not equate a lot of minutes of playing time in my opinion. Shes a day 1 Starter if she becomes a LV.

How do you figure? I could see Howard sliding right into Gabby Williams' role, with ONO filling in for Stevens. UConn's frontcourt is not deep, plenty of minutes to be had....

How do you figure? I could see Howard sliding right into Gabby Williams' role, with ONO filling in for Stevens. UConn's frontcourt is not deep, plenty of minutes to be had....

Then risk Camara transferring again .

Dangerfield
Williams
Walker
KLS
Camara ....

Howard would give UCONN a very unconventional look as she could be the liability on the offensive end.

VN Store

Back