Breakdown Of Arrest / Citations

You are a fool!
For thinking they should be punished? GO SCREW YOURSELF! Your a fool for thinking its ok! I'm not saying the kids should be kicked off the team but there are some people rationalizing these actions by saying they are kids that's f`d up.

If you don't think there will be consequences, you're a fool. But dismissing someone from the team for something as minor as this is ridiculous. CBJ can deal with this in house and be done with it. He can send a message to the team in other ways besides kicking a kid off the team who made a mistake. It would be different had this been a second or third offense, but AJ has never been in trouble.

LEARN to comprehend what you read! I never said AJ should be dismissed from the team. I said if he wants to enter the draft to avoid punishment then he can go. I have confidence that CBJ will take care of this in house as he should.

LEARN to comprehend what you read! I never said AJ should be dismissed from the team. I said if he wants to enter the draft to avoid punishment then he can go. I have confidence that CBJ will take care of this in house as he should.

My bad, must have misread that. But I agree, anytime you can deal with things in house, you should.

Boy, we've got some real stick in the mud types on here don't we? Get over yourselves, any one of us could easily have been put in this situation in college. Being a football player doesn't make you "less 20 year old".

It's funny when you read the stories of our former players in the 1950's & 1960's sneaking out and getting drunk yet you want to throw the current kids off the team? Obviously some of you have never dealt with KPD.

This is nothing a few hundred runs up the hill can't fix.

Well, there is an upside to this... team chemistry must be good, if they are all hanging out together and gettin drunk together. This will not sit well with BUTCH... Guarantee that!!!

This really pisses me off that this is news worthy...

They are college kids doing the same things college kids around the entire country are doing, The cops should have left them alone and the media shouldn't have made such a deal out of this.

Just because they play football, people try to think they should be saints, it is idiotic to say the least.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm sorry it happened. As bad as Knox cops are, and as ridiculous as it is to think college students aren't going to drink beer, there is an inherent problem with students throwing loud parties into the night at an off campus, residential complex, which rents to the general population. Some of the residents are not going to like it. I don't understand how it all started by an officer arresting an adult for intoxication on private property. As far as I know, that is not against the law. It should be against the law for an officer to put his hands on the man without verbally placing him under arrest. Bottom line is that the cops came and went and got called back. The players should have taken the warning, but they didn't. If the guys pull stunts like that when they get to the NFL, it will cost them a lot of money. But it's college days. I think they meant well, but things just got a little out of control. Nobody got hurt. They will have stories to tell.

Must be a slow news nite..................Underage drinking on the #1 Party Campus in the US of A. DUH

I really don't care along as they don't miss class or weight training....... :hi:

Reactions: 2 people
The moral of this story is simple. When the police show up at your party, be respectful and courteous, and don't piss them off!!!

Reactions: 5 people
TMZ must be joneszing for a Bieber or Miley Cyrus meltdown if this makes their website :crazy:
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The moral of this story is simple. When the police show up at your party, be respectful and courteous, and don't piss them off!!!

That is part of the problem around here... cops in Knoxville think they can do whatever they want. And if you don't kiss their boots as they walk by they will make something up to try and arrest you.

Instead of messing with kids having a party on private property they should be out getting crack and meth off of our streets.

Reactions: 3 people
This really pisses me off that this is news worthy...

They are college kids doing the same things college kids around the entire country are doing, The cops should have left them alone and the media shouldn't have made such a deal out of this.

Just because they play football, people try to think they should be saints, it is idiotic to say the least.

But on the other hand, they bear some responsibility to represent our state school in a positive manner.

That is part of the problem around here... cops in Knoxville think they can do whatever they want. And if you don't kiss their boots as they walk by they will make something up to try and arrest you.

Instead of messing with kids having a party on private property they should be out getting crack and meth off of our streets.

Those darn cops! Dont they know where they stand...they should be upholding big laws and ordinances. They are always trying to make folks obey the law. It must just be an ego thing! They want there boots kissed.right?:salute:

I have found, that if I don't speed....I don't get speeding tickets.

Last edited:

Did you bother to read the story? The police were called and were responding to complaints regarding loud music at 2AM on a Sunday Morning. They DID NOT just start harassing these kids. It is a basic function of law enforcement to keep the peace. After the police responded, they discovered the unlawful acts by the student-athletes, and charged them accordingly.

The police were just doing their jobs, the student-athletes were in the wrong by disturbing the peace, and the unlawful underage consumption of alcohol.

Reactions: 3 people
Those darn cops! Dont they know where they stand...they should be upholding big laws and ordinances. They are always trying to make folks obey the law. It must just be an ego thing! They want there boots kissed.right?:salute:

I have found, that if I don't speed....I don't get speeding tickets.

Son, you got a panty on your head.

I'm not condoning the player's actions at all, but do we really know the facts? Was anyone from the board there?

Resisting arrest could be non physical. Maybe the guys were smart asses and the cops didn't like what they heard, saw, etc along with the underage consumption/contributing

Most of the charges should will be dropped.

Butch needs to tell these kids to not talk to the cops ever. Never give consent and never disobey>>>>>just don't fooking speak!!!!!!

Evidence in cases like this is only what you give the cops!!!!!!!

Keep your mouths shut and don't verbally consent to anything!!!

Physically consent to everything.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back