Kirk Herbstriet

Link? This was stated earlier this week and was proven false.

I saw it too. Again, he didn't pick us but said basically how well the Vols are playing and that Bama should be on alert.
I know right! Why are some folks making it a huge issue for somebody to research exactly what was said and when was it said? Gimmeabreak.

Reactions: 1 person
He lives in Nashville now because the Buckeye fan base pretty harassed him and his family out of Columbus. Not sure how much love he has for those guys anymore. You could be right though. Just wondering out loud.

I've heard that. That's all I need to know about those Yankee butteyes

He used to pick us for almost every game back in the early 2000s until we started embarrassing him every time he picked us in big games.

He used to pick us for almost every game back in the early 2000s until we started embarrassing him every time he picked us in big games.
That is true. I felt bad the Vols always made him have egg on his face for picking them.

Ahem.....

Through four home games, Alabama has outscored opponents 153-9, including a combined score of 77-0 against its two SEC opponents. Surely — maybe? — the games will get closer with Tennessee and LSU visiting Tuscaloosa in the next two weeks, and when they do, the recruits will see a full crowd on hand and have plenty to be impressed with.

Won't be the first time Herbstriet picked the VOLS. IT didn't work out then either. I hope it works this time. I don't think it does Saturday but it is coming soon real soon.

I agree. Maybe not tomorrow, but it's coming! BTW, been to Sardis a few times.. Also hung out in Saltillo a bit. Love the river!

GBO!!!

Who cares what the talking heads say. Won't change the outcome of the game. Now let's go bust the red team up and make them pay for rubbing it in our faces in Neyland last year. Time to end their high and mighty streak right in their own house. Go Vols!

We had them in 09 with similar talent... WHY NOT US? and to be honest somewhat pointed out how huge momentum is to a game. We have momentum! Look the Red Sox came back down 0-3 in the series with the New York Yankees. Anything can happen! Thats why you play the game!

I sort of get what you're saying, but wouldn't being undefeated instead of winning one game in a row be a more convincing sign of momentum?

the video was posted from CFL the other day on VN and he did say it. because you think its highly overblown and you cant find it does not mean he did not say it.

does it mean anything ? no

Calm down Francis, I just asked for a link and the only thing I could find was one Twitter account that claimed he said it and everyone cited that tweet as the proof.

It's still overblown though, because as said he's been way off all year on upset alerts.

I know right! Why are some folks making it a huge issue for somebody to research exactly what was said and when was it said? Gimmeabreak.

I never said he said we would win; I asked if he actually said this because in another thread this same thing was posted, and again the only link provided was some account tweeted it and what was tweeted was disputed.

It's the internet; people post random crap all the time and people run with it.

I sort of get what you're saying, but wouldn't being undefeated instead of winning one game in a row be a more convincing sign of momentum?

The bad thing about being undefeated is that every game you play brings you one step closer to the inevitable loss.

Reactions: 2 people
Upset alert doesn't mean he's picking the Vols to upset bama. It simply means bama should not take the Vols lightly cause if they do the vols are capable of pulling then upset.

Kirk Herbstreit said that people shouldn't be surprised if the game is closer than people think. He didn't pick us to win, but he usually shows Tennessee some respect.

David Pollack had this to say: "Alabama just has to play their C game to lose"

Desmond Howard: "If Alabama plays to their standards, Tennessee has no chance. Alabama will win big"

Go to hell College Gameday

Last edited:
Actually Pollack said Bama would have to play their C game to have a chance to lose.

VN Store

Back