'14 NC CB Emmanuel Moseley (UT Commit 9/10/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Star ratings are by and large irrelevant to this game. Oregon has recruited players that fit their system. While they might not be the most highly ranked, they know the system and how to execute it. They also have had more continuous years to learn that same system as opposed to a different one.

Nobody on the outside know why, or why now.

The way I see it we basically have two options.
1. Trust the coaches decisions. It's their jobs on the line, their livelihoods, their families, etc. They absolutely want what's best for the program.
2. Don't trust the coaches, continue to question "why", act like we know everything that they know, and piss & moan about everything.

Or we can think for ourselves and not be herded around like dumb sheep. Nobody can say they were hoping we would pull this kid 24 hours ago. I think it's ok to ask why now and not be anti butch. Are you saying this move makes sense on the front end?

Last edited:
Star ratings are by and large irrelevant to this game. Oregon has recruited players that fit their system. While they might not be the most highly ranked, they know the system and how to execute it. They also have had more continuous years to learn that same system as opposed to a different one.

I agree which is why I look at who has offered him. Can he be the diamond in the rough? Absolutely! But unfortunately we have enough diamonds to rival Jared's.

Reactions: 1 person
Close to same height, weight, and speed as Cam Sutton. HS film of the two players very similar.

With the way DBs are playing right now and with our depth and as CWM his primary recruiter, easy to see how they feel he is underrated and has potential.

How are his grades? Would he be an EE?

I read he had a 3.7 GPA

Or we can think for ourselves and not be herded around like dumb sheep. Nobody can say they were hoping EE would pull this kid 24 hours ago. I think it's ok to ask why now and not be anti butch. Are you saying this move makes sense on the front end?

No, I'm saying we don't have a fraction of the information that our coaches have regarding this player, the team needs, and many other variables that go into their decisions. I'm saying it's their livelihoods on the line, surely you understand that they want nothing but the absolute best for the team. "Herded around like dumb sheep"? Wtf are you talking about??
And you can ask "why now" until the sun comes up, if futility is your thing, because none of us have the answers you're seeking here. But by all means, do your thing bro, let us know what you find out. :good!:

I agree which is why I look at who has offered him. Can he be the diamond in the rough? Absolutely! But unfortunately we have enough diamonds to rival Jared's.

That was a pretty good one there brah

Reactions: 1 person
No, I'm saying we don't have a fraction of the information that our coaches have regarding this player, the team needs, and many other variables that go into their decisions. I'm saying it's their livelihoods on the line, surely you understand that they want nothing but the absolute best for the team. "Herded around like dumb sheep"? Wtf are you talking about??
And you can ask "why now" until the sun comes up, if futility is your thing, because none of us have the answers you're seeking here. But by all means, do your thing bro, let us know what you find out. :good!:

If some other coach was still here and just offered this same player, you and everyone else on here would have the same opinion and it would not be a positive one. You would question this move.

Not questioning butch but butch isn't his primary recruiter. I think butch is a great talent evaluator, our DC and WM, not so much. How do you pass on Jarvis Jones?
Chase Vasser over Jones? But, I will agree it is their livelihood at stake and they have the film to review. But so has every other coach and had the chance to offer.

If we start seeing a trend where our staff is the first "big time" offer some of these kids get, I think thats a really good thing. I sense you would feel better to sit back and wait til some of these guys blow up and get offers from Bama and UF. Our staff is working their tails off, they are not waiting to just offer kids when others do. I kind of like it...call me a sheep

Reactions: 2 people

I don't really have an issue with Emmanuel. I think he'll possibly redshirt to get bigger and he's got natural speed you can't teach. My issue is people comparing UT's and Oregon's star rankings. Those don't mean a thing this week.

His WR film is actually really impressive. Outstanding body control, really good and getting separation and obviously incredibly fast

What kind of speed does the young man have?

Sorry, was late to this: 4.36 is CP speed.

Last edited:
Inky Johnson was a 2 star or lower when he signed. We became one of the best corners in Vol history until his injury ended his football playing days early.

Right, During the Air Force game...He was really coming on as a player

Serious question: why would you trust our staff over every other major program's staff, given that he has exactly zero major conference scholarship offers?

In this regard, we're seeing a repeat of the Dooley years. Fans are eager to excuse any misstep the staff makes, if indeed this turns out to be a mistake. The facts as we have them are that no other major conference offered this kid. None of them.

That's not an evaluation by recruiting services. That's an evaluation by an overwhelming majority of college football's top staffs.

Weatherd is example #1, missed his Soph year #2 & signing day isn't here yet would be my #3

They were talking about star rating on Ainge's show this morning.

From what I remember, this was the comparison between UT's & Oregon's average ratings:

UT's off. avg. - 3.45
Oregon's off. avg. - 3.18

UT's def. avg. - 3.00
Oregon's def. avg. - 3.05

The point? Based on star averages alone, UT's offense is better than Oregon's offense. Let that sink in a bit.

If Jones had been coaching this team for 3 years UT would be much better and likely a top 20 team (maybe a top 10). Unfortunately, CBJ has been coaching this bunch for all of spring and 6 weeks. Dooley and Co. could be the worst ever at player development.:peace2:

If Jones had been coaching this team for 3 years UT would be much better and likely a top 20 team (maybe a top 10). Unfortunately, CBJ has been coaching this bunch for all of spring and 6 weeks. Dooley and Co. could be the worst ever at player development.:peace2:

agree with you 100%.i tell people i work with all the time that tennessee has recruited as good as oregon and they say there is no way.it is true.

Simple: because the staff is COMPETING against other staffs for scarce resources: talent; whereas the recruiting services have no such limitations. The same mistake was made by this site over and over again during the Dooley era. It's a very easy point to grasp.

That said, having a top 5 class shelved with 4 and 5 star players makes taing a chance like this a lot more palatable than one full of 2 and 3 star players (Dooley's).

You make some really good points in your post. I'll take it a step further though and say that I'm not so sure that we are taking a BIG chance on him. He missed playing his sophmore year of playing, which is probably why the services have him as a 2*, which in turn could be why a lot of programs overlooked him early. Second....apparently someone who lives in Charlotte has seen this young man play and posted that according to them, he's the real deal (tifwiw).

If Jones had been coaching this team for 3 years UT would be much better and likely a top 20 team (maybe a top 10). Unfortunately, CBJ has been coaching this bunch for all of spring and 6 weeks. Dooley and Co. ARE the worst ever at player development.:peace2:

Went ahead and fixed that for ya. No thanks necessary though. :hi:

Serious question: why would you trust our staff over every other major program's staff, given that he has exactly zero major conference scholarship offers?

In this regard, we're seeing a repeat of the Dooley years. Fans are eager to excuse any misstep the staff makes, if indeed this turns out to be a mistake. The facts as we have them are that no other major conference offered this kid. None of them.

That's not an evaluation by recruiting services. That's an evaluation by an overwhelming majority of college football's top staffs.

So the same guy that has built championship teams 4 of the last 6 years.... the same guy that has evaluated and put together a top 2-3 2014 recruiting class so far... all of a sudden, he can't evaluate talent and is not to be given the benefit of the doubt on a kid that runs 4.36? Because the recruiting services think he's too slight or something and because other major programs haven't caught onto this kid yet and offered?

Chris Weatherd says hey......

Butch signed 2* lineman Eric Fisher at CMU. He went on to be the #1 draft pick last year. I think we can trust Butch's judgement and give the kid a chance

Reactions: 3 people
So the same guy that has built championship teams 4 of the last 6 years.... the same guy that has evaluated and put together a top 2-3 2014 recruiting class so far... all of a sudden, he can't evaluate talent and is not to be given the benefit of the doubt on a kid that runs 4.36? Because the recruiting services think he's too slight or something and because other major programs haven't caught onto this kid yet and offered?

Chris Weatherd says hey......

Like a previous poster said, he must be like Jalen Hurd, he's way too skinny. Should weigh about 325 to be a good CB. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back