Crootin Forum: Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just laughable. Sometimes it seems you and Chavis are the same person. Just two screen names.

App state over Michigan in the big house is probably considered one of the greatest upsets of all time.

And to equate that, or worse say it wouldnt be as big, as the University of Tennessee beating Oregon is absolutely 100% ludicrous. Just unreal how dumb that thought is.

It is amazing how stupid the orange koolaid makes people. Legitimate arguments can be made for either of them being the bigger upset and neither is laughable. I don't give a **** what the preseason ranking are, those are worthless, and I also don't care what the Vegas spreads was based on the general ignorance of American gamblers. I'm basing it off of watching that Michigan team all year be a mediocre team in a mediocre big 10, sure they were able to sneak out a couple of decent wins, but at no point were they all that impressive and they were going against a team that had won 2 straight FCS national championships (I know it was FCS but back to back championships are impressive at any level). On the other hand we've got a below average football team going to play one of the top teams in college football in the third game of the week which is very different than an upset in the first week.

Randolph named SEC defensive player of the week.

9117951.jpeg

Reactions: 3 people
@Volquest_Rivals: The Tennessee-Florida game has been set for 3:30 on CBS.

m.twitter.com/Volquest_Rivals

nothing I love more than 3:30 CBS games against florida.

wait, no, they're usually miserable.

Let's take it to 'em.

Reactions: 3 people
The more I think about it, the more I think we'll be slightly better next year. Getting Blair would make me even more confident.

The more I think about it, the more I think we'll be slightly better next year. Getting Blair would make me even more confident.

I actually agree. I'm becoming more optimistic that next year we could be between a 7-8 win team, if we catch some breaks. We'll see.

From Butch.

"He said that the Vols will change up their tempo some this week but that they'll 'play their brand of football.' Meaning he's not planning on slowing it down a great deal just to trip Oregon up. Pretty obvious that Jones has a lot of respect for Oregon. Indicated that how they remain so fundamentally sound while playing so fast is truly impressive.

Added that they slowed it down some this past weekend to help the defense out and that would be part of the package going forward."

-Rob Lewis

Wow.

"Butch hints that McCullers needs to practice harder, but also says he's seeing things on film that show he's really improving.

Stresses that McCullers is working hard, wants to get better, but still just doesn't always get how consistently hard he needs to go from Monday-thru-Friday.

Added that Saulsberry was taking some game reps away from McCuller because of his play of late."

-Rob Lewis

From Butch.

" Players have to finish plays, finish plays. Get lined up and finish plays.

We just executed (on offense in 2nd half vs WKU).

Didn't really get into rhythm in first half. We executed, great to see. Started executing in throw game. We made the plays. In the second half, I thought Justin calmed down. Thought extremely efficient. One throw, really two, would have liked to have back. Again, another great teaching tool. Hey, sometimes throwing the ball away is a great play because it's the only play. Had three points in our pocket.

We just slowed it down to give our defense a break. Playing great defense is also at times an offense protecting its defense. We wanted to slow the game down a little bit. We knew WKU had an explosive offense.

Well, it's a great challenge (back to back at Oregon, FLA). Asking a lot of our players. FInd out more where we're at. It is what it is. All we can focus on is our preparation. Overall nature of our sked this year. Some people have said it's most difficult sked in history of college fball."

-John Brice

Reactions: 1 person
Opening comments from Butch.

"Team improved in all 3 phases as needed but still clearly need to improve and specifically points to quality depth. Says coaches must develop current roster and improve roster via recruiting moving forward

" Liked our mind-set, liked our focus. Our team needed to suffer some of that. Needed to go through that. Also understanding complementary plays.

Good examples and bad examples: down punt, next possession, Justin Coleman pick-6.

third-and-1, don't get it, unacceptable. They come back and score a TD.

Dropped pass could've resulted in TD, points off the board. Unacceptable.

Notes Oregon 31-3 at home last 5 years. Probably most complete team I've seen in a number of years to date. Team speed, very, very athletic QB who can throw and make plays with legs. Great perimeter speed, RB, defensively very, very physical and skilled in secondary.

Our special teams game going to be challenged just from sheer speed alone this week."

-John Brice

Reactions: 1 person
I don't know how often you all read ESPN's SEC blog. Chris Low is great, but ever since they added Edward Aschoff, I've hated reading the blog. The guy is terrible, both from a general journalism perspective and sports knowledge. Does anyone have a better news site for the SEC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back