2013 TN PG Darius Thompson

You watch his junior highlights and then those senior highlights and its pretty obvious what Martin saw last year and why he wanted him so badly.

Granted these are highlights, bu t that was one of the more impressive all-around films I've seen for a PG.

He showed an ability to shoot well from outside, ball-handling, ability to dribble through traffic, ability to get to the rim, passing ability, and even defensive ability.

I know one of the knocks is suposedly athleticism. I didn't see a lack of it at all. He's just so long and smooth, that everything looks effortless. Perhaps some have confused this with a lack of athleticism.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Granted these are highlights, bu t that was one of the more impressive all-around films I've seen for a PG.

He showed an ability to shoot well from outside, ball-handling, ability to dribble through traffic, ability to get to the rim, even defensive ability.

I know one of the knocks is suposedly athleticism. I didn't see a lack of it at all. He's just so long and smooth, that everything looks effortless. Perhaps some have confused this with a lack of athleticism.

I know some of the dunks I saw Monday from Darius showed plenty of athleticism. I think he will be solid and continue to improve in some areas.

Smooth is the word that best describes him Chris, you're right on that. Watching him in the RTL (I know, I know) everything is just effortless and smooth for him. He's feinitely been a pleasant surprise, at least IMO. If he can add a bit of muscle before the season starts he may see more minutes that I originally thought.

I know some of the dunks I saw Monday from Darius showed plenty of athleticism. I think he will be solid and continue to improve in some areas.

He sure didn't look short on athleticism to me. Is he John Wall, Brian Westbrook, or Derrick Rose? No, but he's not Trae Golden or Jordan Howell either.

I think he will fit in well and with his on court composure and his current skill level he should be an improvement to the PG position.

He showed an ability to shoot well from outside, ball-handling, ability to dribble through traffic, ability to get to the rim, passing ability, and even defensive ability.

Not at all saying he is the next, or that he even reminds me of him. But I said the same thing about CJ Watson when he was here. Thought he had a lot of tools, but was so smooth, he looked a little on the slow side. IMO

Not at all saying he is the next, or that he even reminds me of him. But I said the same thing about CJ Watson when he was here. Thought he had a lot of tools, but was so smooth, he looked a little on the slow side. IMO

I noticed that he was a bit slow also, but he did seem to have good hands and had several steals the first games. The best one was against Pops. I think I read where he has the school record for steals, but at Blackman that's not saying too much since the schools not been around too long. Not too sure how well he will do against the smaller pgs being as tall as he is. Only time will tell.

His senior film is very impressive. On a side note, I have a question for the basketball forum. My sons are attending a basketball camp in Nashville, and my wife was getting them dressed. She laid out a pair of Umbros for my youngest son who is 5. I told her there was no way he was wearing Umbros to basketball camp, and she was bewildered. Am I right on this one?

His senior film is very impressive. On a side note, I have a question for the basketball forum. My sons are attending a basketball camp in Nashville, and my wife was getting them dressed. She laid out a pair of Umbros for my youngest son who is 5. I told her there was no way he was wearing Umbros to basketball camp, and she was bewildered. Am I right on this one?

Good call sir. Unless you have to walk through soccer fields to get to the court, NO UMBROS! Even then...

Only skinny chicks and soccer saps. :)

Is your sons name Manu?

If not, then good call.

Oh hell no..haha

Good call.

speaking of shoes, I have a tiny pair of kids air jordans from @ 2000. Size 6 kids barely worn. Wonder if they are worth much.

speaking of shoes, I have a tiny pair of kids air jordans from @ 2000. Size 6 kids barely worn. Wonder if they are worth much.

Post a picture. Normally in Kid sizes they'll have some value but not too much more than they originally were.

Even with Barton having College experience at the point I hope CCM gets DT some early pt so he can produce once SEC games happen.

Reactions: 1 person
Relevant bump. Similar to Kyle Wiljter, I don't think Darius is done growing into his body, or his body type. He's still rather slender and could add some muscle to his frame. If he can add 15-20 pounds by season end, he could be a lot to handle (ha! point guard joke).

Do you guys think he'll get burnt defending quicker point guards?

VN Store

Back