Fulmer was on the verge of

#27VFL

Creating the best staff in America... When Fooley was fired and Hart was on a coaching search, it was rumored that Fulmer was pushing to get the job back. He had Chevous back as DC and was bringing in a new OC of BOBBY PETRINO! It was apparently all being organized and negotiated at Fulmers HOF banquet. Hart's hands were tied bc of how Fulmer and the big money in Knoxville don't get along. My source is a local vol in West Tn that actually played with Fulmer at UT. Chief did not want anything to do with the HC job and PETRINO would be able to ease his way bak into football without having to take a lesser HC job at a small school (which is why he is where he is now). PETRINO would basically be HC in waiting. ... This would have been amazing. BUT, with that said, I am very please with Butch and company. Go Vols

Reactions: 4 people
Creating the best staff in America... When Fooley was fired and Hart was on a coaching search, it was rumored that Fulmer was pushing to get the job back. He had Chevous back as DC and was bringing in a new OC of BOBBY PETRINO! It was apparently all being organized and negotiated at Fulmers HOF banquet. Hart's hands were tied bc of how Fulmer and the big money in Knoxville don't get along. My source is a local vol in West Tn that actually played with Fulmer at UT. Chief did not want anything to do with the HC job and PETRINO would be able to ease his way bak into football without having to take a lesser HC job at a small school (which is why he is where he is now). PETRINO would basically be HC in waiting. ... This would have been amazing. BUT, with that said, I am very please with Butch and company. Go Vols

Totally believable... Keep trollin', trollin', trollin'
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person
I loved Fulmer.. never thought he should've been fired but Butch has the chance to be one of the best in the nation if he keeps this momentum going for a few years!

Reactions: 6 people
3 things

1. It's July and I'd like to know something better to discuss
2. Why would this not work? It happened at Kansas State and they turned out ok
3. Don't tell me it would "never" happen. Kiffin pulled off a staff similar to this at the time. And Fulmer is one of the most respected coached by his peers nationally.

OP Please take notes...

Ec2TVI1.gif

Reactions: 1 person
3 things

1. It's July and I'd like to know something better to discuss
2. Why would this not work? It happened at Kansas State and they turned out ok
3. Don't tell me it would "never" happen. Kiffin pulled off a staff similar to this at the time. And Fulmer is one of the most respected coached by his peers nationally.

i'd hand you a shovel, but i see you've got a backhoe there.

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back