Cruitin' Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
O&W format...

They are not going to draft sides this year, will be the traditional offense vs. defense set-up.

Depth and injury are at least part of the reason for that according to coach Jones.

-Rob Lewis

I'm rooting for Alden to have success. I've always really liked his attitude.

A lot of people have seemed to already of written him off. We haven't even seen him play one down yet. He had great HS film, and has great size to be able to be a real work horse/bruiser of a RB.

If Lane doesn't make it back, I think he can step in and really contribute. If he focuses on being a straight North/South runner, then he can do a lot of good things with his size and power.

On McCullers

Big Dan McCullers says he's down to 347 right now, down from playing at 370 in the fall.

He said he's working on his conditioning and being able to play more snaps consecutively.

-Fortenberry

Reactions: 4 people
SIAP
Evan Woodbery ‏@TennesseeBeat 4m
Rajion Neal says Marlin Lane is back on campus and going through a "sensitive situation." Says he hopes, prays and expects he will be back.

Reactions: 2 people
A lot of people have seemed to already of written him off. We haven't even seen him play one down yet. He had great HS film, and has great size to be able to be a real work horse/bruiser of a RB.

If Lane doesn't make it back, I think he can step in and really contribute. If he focuses on being a straight North/South runner, then he can do a lot of good things with his size and power.

Hill was an undervalued recruit. Lemming, who does a good job with the Midwest, had him rated a 4 star and one of the top two backs in Ohio.

I hope Lane can get it together and it all works out. Would love to know they had 3 SEC quality backs available to allow for injuries and scheme effectiveness.

Few quotes from CBJ

JONES: A big crowd on Saturday would send a message in a lot of ways. We have the best, most passionate fan base.

JONES: Any time you can compete in that stadium it is special. We have a record number of #VFLs coming back.

JONES: It is a chance for us to show that there is no better place to play than Tennessee.

JONES: I think Alden Hill has had a tremendous spring. He has a mentality that we continue to demand.

JONES: Rajion Neal has had a good spring. Dontavis Sapp is very valuable. Both of our quarterbacks continue to roll their sleeves up.

JONES: We promised every freshman that they will have an opportunity to compete for a starting spot and you will see that when they get here

JONES: I am very eager to see Tiny play. We have challenged him from a mental standpoint and he has done a great job. He's a football player

JONES: I think this team is willing and trying to give everything they have. Our margin of error is small but our fans will like this team

He also said there's no immediate plan to move anyone else to rb right now fwiw.

Practice was filmed by a remote controlled drone today for an upcoming television special.

Attachments

• BIEGWhPCIAEuomX.jpg
    BIEGWhPCIAEuomX.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 10
@TonyBasilio: 'Got in a somewhat physical altercation (pushing/shoving) with MOTHER of a UT player. Called her b-word.' Big Will on Devinner. Wow

Saw this tweet from Basilio. Anyone know what this is about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back