4 Alabama players arrested

So lets get this straight.

1. They knock dude unconscious
2. They rob him, take credit cards etc.
3. Use card to buy SNACKS OUT OF A VENDING MACHINE

SMH

Reactions: 1 person
@ClayTravisBGID: You know robbed Bama students were huge Tide fans. How crushing would this be? Knocked unconscious, beaten by your favorite team.

Good point CT

Reactions: 2 people
another article from Bama Hammer

UPDATE 8:55 - Eddie Williams, a defensive back who was getting a
look at a wide receiver, was also charged on February 10 with carrying a pistol without a license.
It’s not known whether this charge
led to the other arrests. Four Alabama Crimson Tide
football players were arrested
Monday on charges of second
degree robbery. The Tuscaloosa County Sheriff’s
Office website notes that Eddie Williams, Dennis Pettway, Tyler
Hayes and Brent Calloway were
booked on charges of second
degree robbery and fraudulent use
of a credit card. We contacted the Tuscaloosa
County Sheriff’s Department and
they had no comment at the time. According to the Alabama Criminal Code, if convicted of second degree robbery, a
defendant can face a minimum of
2 years with a maximum of 20
years. If a weapon is involved, the
minimum goes to ten years. All four players are sophomores
who have seen action on the field
in 2012, and with the possible
exception of Calloway, were
expected to contribute in 2013.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

saban will probably suspend them for spring game.

Every school has them and as soon as you start bragging about your rival getting busted for something like this, it will rear it's ugly head again at your own school. Sadly, at this point Bama can have a shorter leash than most schools because there are 4 and 5 star recruits 4 and 5 spots deep on their depth chart.

It's inaccurate to say this won't hurt. A few of these guys were in line to see significant snaps this year.

I know college kids are dumb, but this is ridiculous.

The Calloway kid is from near where I live. He was a signing day flip from Auburn to Bama. Not sure if anyone remembers or not, but there was some questioning that went in to his recruitment for a little while, but it disappeared quickly.
A guy I work with has a son that played on the kids team at Russelville high and also happened to be his youth minister. When the recruiting questions came up I asked the co-worker about it.(He is a HUGE Bama fan,by the way) "No way" he said. "This kid has a great head on his shoulders and is in church every week." This is his third arrest since he enrolled at Bama. I can't wait to see that guy at our weekly meeting tomorrow.

It's inaccurate to say this won't hurt. A few of these guys were in line to see significant snaps this year.

I know college kids are dumb, but this is ridiculous.

And they still will....No way Saban dumps them because of this.

Williams with a second offense in as many days may be gone, but the rest will simply run until their tongues drag the ground. I would be shocked if anything more happens.

Awesome post I read on another board made by an Auburn fan.

"Bama fans dispute report, claim it was actually 15 players arrested."

Reactions: 10 people
And they still will....No way Saban dumps them because of this.

Williams with a second offense in as many days may be gone, but the rest will simply run until their tongues drag the ground. I would be shocked if anything more happens.

No way. If the charges stick, they are gone.

Reactions: 1 person
Nothing to see here. They will just put 4 mor 4&5 star guys in their place. Its kinda like Bill Gates losing 5 million bucks. Not a big deal.

Part of the value of having a team full of them. When some of them F-up like these, or whether they just don't pan out, there are always three more to take their place. Compare that to ours when they screw up or wash out, we have noone to replace them and then all the 3* lovers come out of the barn and start singing the praises of not needing the 5* players because they never work out.

VN Store

Back