'13 VA LB E.J. Levenberry (FSU commit)

With AJ Johnson and Curt Maggit, I doubt it's as dire as you're trying to make it sound.

How healthy is Curt?
Can AJ man the middle in a 4-3 again?
Who the hell is the other OLB?
Where is the depth?
Yes its a pretty big need

How healthy is Curt?
Can AJ man the middle in a 4-3 again?
Who the hell is the other OLB?
Where is the depth?
Yes its a pretty big need

Agreed. It may not be a dire need in terms of starters for next year, but if AJ leaves next year then who do we have besides Curt to make plays at LB (if he can get 100% healthy). We need to get kids in here now that can at least get a year of S&C under their belt before they have to be on the field.

Levenberry would be a great pick up and if by some stretch of the imagination we were to get R.Foster then the future at LB would be a bit brighter.

With AJ Johnson and Curt Maggit, I doubt it's as dire as you're trying to make it sound.

I believe Maggit best position will be Rush End. He is about 244 lbs now, no reason he can't put on 10 or 15 lbs and be a great pass rusher. He lacks great speed needed to play OLB.

Tommy Thigpen was in Virginia to meet with EJ Levenberry and Levenberry's father let us know they plan to visit Tennessee the weekend of Jan. 25 as well. At one point, Tennessee was thought out of it but Thigpen has been dogged in his efforts to get the Vols back in it and secure a visit. It's worth remembering that Levenberry has always considered Tennessee as the best game-day environment he's ever been to. They are very interested in getting to Knoxville and seeing what the coaching staff's vision is for Levenberry and the future.

- Fortenberry

Reactions: 13 people

VN Store

Back