'13 OH WR Shelton Gibson

As for where those last two visits might be, Gibson had previously mentioned a visit to Tennessee this coming weekend. While that is still a possibility, nothing has been set in stone according to Rotsky.

"I'm not sure," Rotsky said on where those last two visits might be. "He still has to decide where he wants to visit. There's Tennessee, Arkansas, Louisville, and NC State so we're going to talk a lot of things through over the next day or two."

The talk over the last month or so has been that Gibson will make his college decision on National Signing Day and that is still the most likely scenario.

"Right now that is my gut feeling, yes," he said. "He wants to take official visits. The two most important things that he and I talked about are the type of people that he's going to be around and making sure they care about their players. The second is systematically, he's a spread guy. The schools that he's talked to, I think they all have been successful in knowing how to work (the spread offense)."
-Rivals.com

I might be thinking of another Wr. I've been thru so many threads that is entirely possible.

I swear it seems like a handful of the kids we are after somehow develop grade problems within a month of signing day so it wouldn't shock me a bit. I feel on the thread surfing though :blink: too much today

I would think if he visits, his grades would be in order. Maybe the staff has news on North?

PFort said the other day in response to Boyd's visit, don't look into anything with North on it. They just want to bring in as many offensive pieces as they can. I would imagine the same could be said of Gibson. If you can get another 4* receiver, why not?

I would think if he visits, his grades would be in order. Maybe the staff has news on North?

Gibson doesn't affect North. Hubbs and Fortenberry have repeatedly said they are not going to turn down top 10 WR's if they are interested. They'll take North, Gibson and Boyd.

Reactions: 1 person
he's ncaa eligible, just not tOSU eligble. I don't know how that affects you guys and where your eligibility line is. imho WVU is his fallback safety net, if you can get him, get him.

Gibson doesn't affect North. Hubbs and Fortenberry have repeatedly said they are not going to turn down top 10 WR's if they are interested. They'll take North, Gibson and Boyd.

Sounds good to me. I remember seeing an article where the staff said they knew they needed more WR depth quickly. I would love to see some concern placed on our LB situation like they seem to be so concerned with our WR numbers.

Sounds good to me. I remember seeing an article where the staff said they knew they needed more WR depth quickly. I would love to see some concern placed on our LB situation like they seem to be so concerned with our WR numbers.

I think it's more of a take what you can get right now. If all these great WRs want to come then next year you can really focus on LB. We need help everywhere so take them and let them battle it out.

Last edited:
I think it's more of a take what you can get right now. If all these great WRs want to come then next year you can really focus on LB. We needs help everywhere so take them and let them battle it out.

I get that thinking. I just can't understand why we seem to struggle so much with recruiting certain positions. LB/RB as examples. Tennessee has produced some top quality LBs for the NFL. I guess we could do alot worse than signing 6-7 WRs. I just hope defense becomes a priority at some point with the new staff. We had one of the best offenses in UT history last year and we see where it got us.

I get that thinking. I just can't understand why we seem to struggle so much with recruiting certain positions. LB/RB as examples. Tennessee has produced some top quality LBs for the NFL. I guess we could do alot worse than signing 6-7 WRs. I just hope defense becomes a priority at some point with the new staff. We had one of the best offenses in UT history last year and we see where it got us.

As of lately are defense has really struggled. Also hurts that LSU, GA, SC, FL, and Bama are all maxing their profits on the defensive side of the ball right now. All we have to offer is lots of early playing time and great fans and facilities. The rest of these teams offering winning and if you're good enough playing time. They also put players in NFL on defense as of late and we don't.

VN Store

Back