Maymonless season predictions...

Shocked at all the people projecting losses on the road at UGA and Vandy. Both those teams are very bad this year.

We're not very good and to this point have played pretty bad away from TBA

Shocked at all the people projecting losses on the road at UGA and Vandy. Both those teams are very bad this year.

I think there's gonna be a lot of surprised people in a month or two.

UGA and Vandy are borderline terrible, both are worse than UMASS and Wichita State, and it's not really close.

UT is 7-3. How is that "not very good". And UT beat a UMass team, that is much better than either UGA or Vandy, away from home.

Not very good leaves a lot of room for interpretation I guess

I think there's gonna be a lot of surprised people in a month or two.

UGA and Vandy are borderline terrible, both are worse than UMASS and Wichita State, and it's not really close.

You keep saying Vandy is terrible. They are young. Much like our team last yr they depend on sophs and freshmen.
They did beat Xavier.
Who knows how much they'll improve before we play them there.
They allow 2 more points on defense than we do.

You keep saying Vandy is terrible. They are young. Much like our team last yr they depend on sophs and freshmen.
They did beat Xavier.

I've taken "improvement" into consideration when thinking about our opponents as well. It seems some here aren't taking into account that OUR team has a chance to improve over the course of the year too.

They did beat Xavier.

If we lose to Vandy we don't deserve to be in the dance, or the NIT.

Wait and see how they look come conference play, they're bad.

They don't have a junior all-sec forward like we had in Maymon, or a 5* forward like stokes.

Last edited:
If we lose to Vandy we don't deserve to be in the dance, or the NIT.

Wait and see how they look come conference play, they're bad.

They don't have a junior all-sec forward like we had in Maymon, or a 5* forward like stokes.

Or a coach breaking in a new system to help explain the slow start.

Or a coach breaking in a new system to help explain the slow start.

Off topic...

We are at 64 in the RPI, Xavier at 84 they're 7-4...are you able to get a decent read on where a win puts us?

I was just guessing probably high 50's, 55-58 range?

Off topic...

We are at 64 in the RPI, Xavier at 84 they're 7-4...are you able to get a decent read on where a win puts us?

I was just guessing probably high 50's, 55-58 range?

Just looking at the change in AWP I get a number that says 55-58 range. And since Xavier has a winning record and a decent RPI that should be an extra little boost. So, based on just that maybe even into the low 50's. Also, I don't see anyone that UT has played so far on tonight's slate of games, so there shouldn't be too much outside influence on UT's RPI until this weekend.

Just looking at the change in AWP I get a number that says 55-58 range. And since Xavier has a winning record and a decent RPI that should be an extra little boost. So, based on just that maybe even into the low 50's. Also, I don't see anyone that UT has played so far on tonight's slate of games, so there shouldn't be too much outside influence on UT's RPI until this weekend.

That's about what I thought, thanks.

So win the next 2 and possibly into the 40s?

Xavier beat Butler and Purdue, but lost to Vandy.
At this stage the game depends on who shows up for each team.

Xavier beat Butler and Purdue, but lost to Vandy.
At this stage the game depends on who shows up for each team.

Purdue is not good. I believe they are below .500 and have lost every meaningful game they have played. Butler is a great win but the type of team that can be beaten if Clarke and other shooters have an off night.

Not saying Xavier is bad, but I agree that it depends on who shows up for each team.

Purdue is not good. I believe they are below .500 and have lost every meaningful game they have played. Butler is a great win but the type of team that can be beaten if Clarke and other shooters have an off night.

Not saying Xavier is bad, but I agree that it depends on who shows up for each team.

It is amazing what basically was a 'miracle shot' can do for a team's psyche. Butler was beaten by Marquette, Clarke throws up a prayer, it goes in and apparently their whole season has turned around.

Not to be all negative, but I just don't see us making the NCAAs this year. NIT bound in all likelihood.

Feel like we're always saying this, but next year could be "the" year if Stokes returns, Maymon redshirts, and then we get Hubbs.

Honestly I see us being on the right side of the bubble this year. Maybe a 9 or 10 seed.

Not to be all negative, but I just don't see us making the NCAAs this year. NIT bound in all likelihood.

Feel like we're always saying this, but next year could be "the" year if Stokes returns, Maymon redshirts, and then we get Hubbs.

These next 2 games will be big for where this season is headed. Go 2-0 and it'll probably be hard for them to miss the dance as bad as the SEC is.

Thank God the SEC is so bad this year. 13-5 in conference is completely possible I think. Win vs Xavier, Loss to Memphis. so 14-6 the rest of the way I think. 2 wins in the SEC tourney lock the basketVols into the big dance.

Not feeling so good about this prediction now.

VN Store

Back