Positve tweets/comments about Coach Jones from recruits and players.

@bmoore3vfl: #teamcoachjones

@kingvol38: I swear sometimes I wish people could see how stupid they sound.

@bmoore3vfl: Cant wait!! RT @wesrucker247: Welcome to Knoxville, Butch Jones. Three of your first eight games are at Oregon, at Florida and at Alabama.

@MrPrimetime4: Don't worry everyone, we made a good move! #VFL #VOLNATION
(Latroy Lewis)

@MrPrimetime4: I guess it's fitting that my new coach was the first college coach to offer me a scholarship

@4s_up_4sdown: @BlindSideBigs63 @josh__smith25 I hope y'all boys are ready!
(JRM)

@BigBOnFire_34: Coach Jones huh? Lets make something happen boys!!
(Kendrick retweeted by JRM)

@AustinPriceless: “@Josh__Smith25: Welcome Coach” vol commit Josh Smith welcomes Butch Jones

@VWharton5: Fans might not be happy if Jones gets job but recruits will.

And not a recruit but SVP - @notthefakeSVP: Larger point is Butch Jones has won and likely will win at his next stop. If it's Knoxville & I'm a Vols fan, I'd be thrilled.

Reactions: 25 people
@wesrucker247: RT @BFeldmanCBS: @notthefakeSVP Jones should've been in first wave of UT candidates. Look at his resume.

Reactions: 5 people
If he offers Asanti Woulard a scholly then I'm on board already. This is probably going to end up a lot better than we thought.

Reactions: 18 people
Congrats hopefully he contacts AW sooner than later AW is happy about the hire.
Like[1]

Comment from Woulard's father.

Reactions: 9 people
If he offers Asanti Woulard a scholly then I'm on board already. This is probably going to end up a lot better than we thought.

Nice to see you post something positive...i was born in 62, started at UT in 81. Sounds dumb, but your VN name always catches my eye. GBO

Think that AW would sign immediately if offered. Agree with some that want AW and RF. if Bray leaves, this class needs 2 qbs even with all the other glaring needs...

Didn't Dooley pound his team? Hmmm

Gimme a break dude. If not for a cpl 4th down plays that game is much closer than the score. His offense was up and down the field on us. He just didnt have guys on the defensive side to win. Based on that UAB beat Saban while at LSU. Would you say Watson Brown is better than Saban?

Reactions: 3 people
The only concern I have is his recruiting. He's never been anywhere longer than 3 years, in 20 years of coaching, and has never had to play the kids he recruited.

80-90% of Cincy's players were recruited by the previous coach...

I'm worried, no lie

Reactions: 2 people
So what are the top recruits that were thrilled with the idea of Strong saying about B Jones?

The only concern I have is his recruiting. He's never been anywhere longer than 3 years, in 20 years of coaching, and has never had to play the kids he recruited.

I'm worried, no lie

Thats not true..couldnt be further from the truth.

Reactions: 3 people

I'm worried, no lie

Horrible math...he has been there 3 years so at least 65% to 75% of the current roster is his roster. Also, the year prior to his arrival they were Senior heavy.

I'm not 100% sold but use fair stats.

Reactions: 6 people
@RDouglas_21: Tennessee just hired cincys head coach! I got mad respect for Tennessee they were my first offer and I won't forget that moment

Ross Douglas CB - Mich commit (4*- 23 ranked CB on 247)

People gotta remember that its very hard to recruit to cinci especially with the conference expansion that i think they got left out on. I feel good about the trinity guys.

@CozyPosey67: So pumped about Coach Jones! Getting recruited, Cincy was one of my top schools. Coach will get us back where we need to be

Reactions: 1 person
Didn't Cincy keep it close for a good portion of the game. Tennessee was a different team then. Way better D and Bray Darick and JH were rolling

No. We pretty much drilled them but that's big east vs sec and we weren't bad that year prior to the injuries.

Box Score:
1 2 3 4 T
CIN 14 0 3 6 23
TENN 14 14 14 3 45

They basically were in it for the first quarter.

VN Store

Back