Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a very flawed story... Gruden never turned down the Tennessee job, his agent only said that there had been no communication between Gruden. his agent and Hart, personally.

And if Gruden is talking to the Raiders, I don't know what it's about... With all of the NFL rules issues with the "tampering" policy, it wouldn't make any sense, considering that it has been confirmed that Gruden has been talking with other coaches/assistants from around the league.

Just curious but didn't someone say back in a earlier Gruden thread that he couldn't coach NFL till 2016 bc of something that was in the Tampa Bay clause? Any truth or just another bs story?

everyone keeps talking about this interview that strong gave the press after listening to it i think strong is just expressing his disatisfaction in the fanbase not supporting the team and getting p/o'ed at the press for putting it out in the open that he might be interested in the Tennessee job before actually coming to him and asking him personally because that sounded more like im really mad at all these people that say im going to leave when in fact i absolutely love being at UL and im not going anywhere just my opinion because strong expresses his emotions like mike gundy.

I think the better move for Strong is to honestly stay at Louisville or go somewhere else.

Not that UT isn't a great job, but I just think there are very few coaches who WOULDN'T be set up to fail here. Anyone that isn't a home run is risking toxicity. However, 3.75 mil sounds good to most people so what do I know.

OK guys, I wanted Gruden too, but let's get real.

Take a second and think about this. Strong has a GREAT reputation as a recruiter. Look at the dynamics of recruiting: a young black coach goes into a young black recruit's home and has our resources behind him. This could be a really good thing.

I'm willing to give him a chance, because I think he's earned a top job like ours. I think he'll make the most of it on the recruiting trail.

Go ahead...blast away.:loco:

This is where I lose it with people. Good coaches are good coaches. Saban, Richt, Miles, and Kiffin out-recruit all "black coaches" for black kids. It is sad people think that black kids are so dumb they would pick a school because it has a black coach. I am starting to think there is a portion of the fanbase that believes this would help us. A coach that can get a player in the league is what kids are looking for in a school.

Reactions: 2 people
My eyes...my eyes...for the love of my eyes PLEASE STOP QUOTING THE DUDE PIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just curious but didn't someone say back in a earlier Gruden thread that he couldn't coach NFL till 2016 bc of something that was in the Tampa Bay clause? Any truth or just another bs story?

I have heard that, but because of his exclusivity contract with ESPN. Not sure of its validity, but I think it may have happened before when rumors of his return to the NFL arise.

This is where I lose it with people. Good coaches are good coaches. Saban, Richt, Miles, and Kiffin out-recruit all "black coaches" for black kids. It is sad people think that black kids are so dumb they would pick a school because it has a black coach. I am starting to think there is a portion of the fanbase that believes this would help us. A coach that can get a player in the league is what kids are looking for in a school.

The recruiting angle is where it is stupid, I agree.

Bottom line: WINNING, PLAYING TIME and CAN YOU GET ME TO THE NFL?

That's what the good recruits care about.

ESPN 'exclusive' contract where it's been alluded to regarding the team access he gets due to MNF.

:good!: :clapping:

Ladies!!! One for us!

eG91dXRsMTI=_o_beautiful-men-wth-long-hair.jpg

I think the better move for Strong is to honestly stay at Louisville or go somewhere else.

Not that UT isn't a great job, but I just think there are very few coaches who WOULDN'T be set up to fail here. Anyone that isn't a home run is risking toxicity. However, 3.75 mil sounds good to most people so what do I know.

oh man im 100% on the gruden train i was just posting something i thought i should let out everyone on tsr that was calling in today was saying i think him blowing up because he wants out, and me personally i think he is just mad because he wants to totally stay in louisville and he doesn't want negativity around his program he is a firey guy and if somebody was coming at one of his players he would probably say something like gundy said when they attacked his qb. jmo.

If we do not have a coach in place by friday I feel that Dave Hart either:

1. Screwed up one of the most important hires in Tennessee history.
2. Is a diabolical genius.

I am really hoping it is #2.

Go Gruden

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back