Chris Low and Paul Finebaum report charlie strong front-runner for UT job

You people are clueless. Louisville was a dumpster fire when he took over and now theyre playing in a BCS bowl game. When is the last time we played in one of those?

Im really starting to think theres a race issue here.

OMG are you kidding me? Playing a race card? You are either out of your mind or a racist yourself. Good grief.

Let's be clear....if this years VOL team were in the Big East, we would be in a BCS game. If this years Louisville team were in the SEC, they would be near the bottom.

I for one like Strong although I don't think it's in that "home run" category.

its a bad hire if so, no freaking better than Dooley, if this is the best we can get bull crap!!!!! give Fulmer back his job. Fulmer was 152-52 as a coach.
what are we going to have the wishbone offense give me a break......it just gets worser
GOOD JOB HART, THIS VOL FAN WILL NOT BUY TICKETS TO COME WATCH ANOTHER LOOSER

Please, tell us who you think they should hire? And I would love for someone to provide the name of 1 experienced, SEC level head coach who would leave their current position to come here and fix this train wreck for just slightly more money? You have my attention.

I hear Gene Chizik is looking for a job...

Reactions: 1 person
Anyone look at Louisville's Rival page? Strong does not have a single 4 star committed. Im not sure how this is a powerhouse hire.

His class last year was only 5 spots behind ours. His recruiting coordinator was named recruiter of the year. He might not work out but it wont be because of recruiting.

We need to get him the orange and white helicoptor kinda like what sumlin has to land at the high school stadiums and show some swaggah!

before strong was hired, they were 6-6, 5-7, 4-8.

in 3 years he has them at 10 wins and a bcs bowl. that's as a head coach.

as an assistant coach, there are few college coaches as accomplished

I'm honestly more excited than I even though I'd be.

He knows how to win in the SEC. He knows how to coach defense. He knows how to turn around down programs. He knows how to recruit.

What more could we honestly ask for?

I endorse this hire slightly more than I would Gruden's hire(though would have been fine with Gruden).

I believe he will be able to recruit in the SEC and have some great classes. He certainly brought some great players to Florida. He has a winning record at a non football school another positive. I think he is a very good hire and we should support him 100 percent.

I remember his db and lbs whoopin our butts a time or to. This is a good hire if actual. He will bring a total different flavor tennesse and we will get defensive players that are SEC. Caliber
If he gets a creative (no 30+ yard pass attempt on 3rd and 1) OC who appreciates a read-option QB and keeps Pittman on OL and Graham as RB coach we will be fine. I hope he knows anyone who can coach DBs and LBs. His defensive mindset and recruiting talent should be a plus obviously.

This is great hire! The man knows the SEC, is a great defensive mind, and can recruit. THAT IS UT FOOTBALL!!!

Reactions: 2 people
It sounds as if Arkansas will come out better than Tn. in the coach search since they have reportedly signed Brett Bielema of Wisconsin. If Charlie Strong is Hart's choice, I will be a little disappointed that we didn't get the more proven coach, although Strong may do well. Also, it is reported Auburn is hiring Gus Malzahn.

Anyone look at Louisville's Rival page? Strong does not have a single 4 star committed. Im not sure how this is a powerhouse hire.

he is recruiting to Louisville. When you are recruiting players who can go to SEC, B1G or other major conferences, it is VERY hard to get the top flight to go to a Big East School.

What you can see is that Strong gave them a solid bump in recruiting, and basically doubled the average win total over his three year tenure when compared to the previous 3 years at Louisville.

I like the hire if it is true. I think the man is a good football coach. If he is named the coach we got to get behind him and support him as long as he is our coach.

OMG are you kidding me? Playing a race card? You are either out of your mind or a racist yourself. Good grief.

Let's be clear....if this years VOL team were in the Big East, we would be in a BCS game. If this years Louisville team were in the SEC, they would be near the bottom.

This is as "home run" as it's going to get. None of the real big fish are going to leave their jobs where they are already top 15 teams. The only reason someone would do that is if there was a substantial pay increase involved, or if they really just wanted a challenge bigger than what they already have.

I third this.

Louisville's AD recently said they would make Strong the highest paid coach in the nation if that's what it took to keep him. This tells me Strong is very well liked and respected at Louisville. This also tells me with Strong it's not just about money. He obviously wants back in the SEC where he can prove what he's made of.

Last edited:

This years Vol team that nearly lost to Troy would be in a BCS game? And you accuse someone else of being out of their mind.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm not even that big a fan of Strong, but the anti-Strong arguments have mainly been full on retarded.

Reactions: 10 people
Charlie Strong is a great recruiter guys, and we can't really make any judgements until the bowl game against Florida. Just calm down

VN Store

Back