Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggest negative to Wisconsin coach is his head is commode shaped.....other than that a pretty good coach. The money Arkansas offered must have gotten him past his moral issues he has with SEC! HA!

Reactions: 1 person
Fwiw, I got a chance to talk to a UT booster who is a friend of my grandfather the other day and he said that the fans would be very happy with the hire but to just be patient.

Reactions: 2 people
Because they are inbred morons.

That is a fantastic hire for them.

I do think BB is a good coach, but it seems. . . odd. Can he recruit in the South, and assemble a good staff to help with that? I'm sure those are questions he answered during the process though. He's also not exactly known as Mr. Personality, and his offense is almost the polar opposite of Petrino's. Will be interesting.

Boomer, can you expound a little bit on the comment you made about Hart hasn't played his role yet, because it sure seems that he is playing a role right now?

I think if Strong stays at Louisville, then it will begin to become VERY clear that the Gruden noise was and is very true! You mentioned this and I had thought about it shortly before...I'm guessing that once Strong "decides to stay at Louisville", we will start to hear another list of names, and these may not be as exciting as Round 1 (think Kent St HC and the like). This gains us at least another week to 10 days. Then, we are "real close" to finalizing and announcing with another up and comer...VN starts to meltdown!! Here's where Hart saves the day...he decides to make one "final push" for Gruden...excitement starts to build again. Gruden is announced shortly after. This will probably get us close to the magical date of December 22nd. VN EXPLODES!!!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Hart has been a name; a 'pawn', if you will. Keeping up appearances and staying in the spotlight.
While he's "seen in Oklahoma" or "just landing in Florida" it's giving the necessary time and (I HATE using this word) "screening" for things to 'fall into place'.

Sorry. I hate using ''s and what not, but I really can't say too much.

And after the Arkansas announcement, I got a text saying "Looks like it could be sooner than we thought"

Reactions: 2 people
Hart has been a name; a 'pawn', if you will. Keeping up appearances and staying in the spotlight.
While he's "seen in Oklahoma" or "just landing in Florida" it's giving the necessary time and (I HATE using this word) "screening" for things to 'fall into place'.

Sorry. I hate using ''s and what not, but I really can't say too much.

And after the Arkansas announcement, I got a text saying "Looks like it could be sooner than we thought"

I won't.

Fwiw, I got a chance to talk to a UT booster who is a friend of my grandfather the other day and he said that the fans would be very happy with the hire but to just be patient.

I heard this before Dooley was announced for what it is worth.

Reactions: 3 people
Well Arikie just threw it's hat in the big boy ring, here's hoping UT is about to do the same!! GO VOLS GET ER DONE!!:rock::clapping:

I do think BB is a good coach, but it seems. . . odd. Can he recruit in the South, and assemble a good staff to help with that? I'm sure those are questions he answered during the process though. He's also not exactly known as Mr. Personality, and his offense is almost the polar opposite of Petrino's. Will be interesting.

He is a smart guy. He is all about physical, smash mouth football, but he is pretty flexible offensively. I think he just plays to his strengths at UW.

Look at his offensive statistics when he had Wilson. It is pretty balanced.

And to be honest, Petrino's offenses never won the west. Bielema will have them looking more like Alabama/LSU.

Reactions: 1 person
Quick! Someone post those giant pictures of cars to illustrate the difference in these two choices!

Now that was funny!!!

If James Franklin was a car he would be a:

newport_ghetto_car.0.0.0x0.500x200.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
Yes. Very happy. Patience is key.

Yes everyone please simmer down. Let this play out and not go nuts.

If we do they might toss out another agent story on us and many of us on the train wouldn't be able to make it to the final destination.

GBO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back