Maryville HS awsome

:lolabove: MHS has more TSSAA FB championships than you have teeth..... They would have 1 more had not they had a getto bro call a extra 2 pts back to help the bros down in memphis..:birgits_giggle:

You certainly sound like a racist moron. The lineman was at the goal line when the pass was thrown. I also can't believe after Maryville was the recipient of a totally bs running into the kicker call you would be whining about the two point call.

Or, you're overestimating the talent of kids who beat up on pathetic competition year in and year out. They are solid programs no doubt, and a few kids get picked up here and there, but if we get half our team from in state every year, we'll be lucky to win 6 games a year. And besides, why limit yourself if you're able to recruit nationally. Just because a kid is from Tennessee doesn't mean he deserves consideration over another from another state. As of yet, he's done nothing for the program to deserve special treatment.

I'd rather 6 wins than 5

3 out of 4 East Tennessee schools ( Knoxville) brought back state championships. Please explain post.... If not for a BS call on Maryville' s 2 point try at the end of the game it would have been 4!!! Please check the past 10 years and it is clear East Tennessee owns football in this state.

I can tell your emotional but Brentwood Acadamy and Ensworth are the two most obviously dominate programs in the State. One of the two is always ranked nationally. If you look at the Champions over past 5, 10 or even 20 years, middle tennessee has won more and been more dominate.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Maryville. They are certainly one of the better programs in the state. As a whole East Tennessee cannot compete with Middle Tennessee.

I agree Memphis has great talent but it is less developed.

Name a Maryville kid who plays on Sunday. Matter of fact, name one who has ever played pro other than Danny Spradlin.

I can name a ton of Prattville players playing at the next level. We had 29 D1 signees last year alone. Most HS teams are lucky to have 2 or 3.

I can name a ton of Prattville playing at the next level. We had 29 D1 signees last year alone. Most HS teams are lucky to have 2 or 3.

29 FBS signees? Or does that include FCS?

Great accomplishment for any HS program, but 29 FBS signees would be an absolutely ridiculous number.

My high school went 15-0 and won state last year and had 13 players sign various football scholarships. Only one of those players signed with an FBS school (Vandy), and then there were 3 or 4 who signed with FCS schools, while everyone else signed D2 or lower.

Name a Maryville kid who plays on Sunday. Matter of fact, name one who has ever played pro other than Danny Spradlin.

I think the OP was talking about overall talent in the state. He was however pointing out how well the program was at Maryville.The state of Tennessee is actually producing quite a bit of D-1 talent there just not coming to Tennessee. That said what does playing on Sunday have to do with anything? Last I checked UT played on Saturday's.

29 FBS signees? Or does that include FCS?

Great accomplishment for any HS program, but 29 FBS signees would be an absolutely ridiculous number.

My high school went 15-0 and won state last year and had 13 players sign various football scholarships. Only one of those players signed with an FBS school (Vandy), and then there were 3 or 4 who signed with FCS schools, while everyone else signed D2 or lower.

FBS and FCS combined. Some notables off the top of my head are Kevin Turner (Eagles), Roman Harper (Saints), Larry Smith ((Vandy),..recently...Jalen Whitlow UK, Nick Perry UA, Nick Gentry UA, Justin Shanks FSU

Reactions: 1 person
I can name a ton of Prattville players playing at the next level. We had 29 D1 signees last year alone. Most HS teams are lucky to have 2 or 3.

You saying Prattville, Al had 29 D-1 football signees last year (2012) alone? There is no way that's true. I know that area produces a ton of talent but 29 D-1 football players from one HS in a single year? Not a chance maybe 10-12 but not anywhere close to 29. Do you mean all sports combined?

You saying Prattville, Al had 29 D-1 football signees last year (2012) alone? There is no way that's true. I know that area produces a ton of talent but 29 D-1 football players from one HS in a single year? Not a chance maybe 10-12 but not anywhere close to 29. Do you mean all sports combined?

28...my bad. Tell you what, I grew up and also played HS football in TN. Prattville would walk on any team I ever played for or against. Up until this year Prattville had a machine down here. Brentwood came down and was beaten 26-0 and Prattville throttled back at half.

28...my bad. Tell you what, I grew up and also played HS football in TN. Prattville would walk on any team I ever played for or against. Up until this year Prattville had a machine down here. Brentwood came down and was beaten 26-0 and Prattville throttled back at half.

Not True. I live in Auburn and have seen plenty of both (grew up in Chattanooga). Prattville had a few years of dominance. No way can you say they would walk on "any" TN team, even in those years. The biggest difference in talent in TN and AL is exposure. AL honestly seems to have (believe it or not) more interest in pushing players to the next level (may be because of the proximity to d-1 schools) (UA, AU, Troy, UAB, MSU, Ole Miss, Southern Miss, FSU). Tennessee has traditionally only had 1 program of note, UT, near or within its borders.

But honestly the main reason I believe is the African American makeup in AL is slightly heavier than in TN (27%-17%. Thats not an offensive statement. Just an observation. 6A in AL is the equivalent to 6A-5A in TN and formerly was the equivalent to 5A before the new TSSAA system.

Opelika (would not be in the state title game in TN for 6A) is in the 6A state title game next week against Hoover and I am 100% confident that Whitehaven and Maryville would still be great matchups against either (especially Opelika). In addition, 2008 BA was 8-4 so not exactly comparable year to Prattville banner year.

Really, have not heard any reasonable explanation on why the 2pt conversion was flagged? The game was over, with about 40 seconds left, and then there came a late flag. But it was an exciting game.

:lolabove: MHS has more TSSAA FB championships than you have teeth..... They would have 1 more had not they had a getto bro call a extra 2 pts back to help the bros down in memphis..:birgits_giggle:

All my maryville friends complaining about the refs. Lol
Well yes. They won the game on a 2 point conversion, which was called back because a lineman was one yard down field. Brilliant play.
I live in Blount Co, and am an Alcoa parent. I've got Maryville fatigue, but it was a terrible call.

Congrats to Fulton and CAK.

Reactions: 1 person
OK, after doing more checking and refreshing of the memory, Danny did play at Maryville. They do say the mind is the first thing to go. lol

Last edited:
I can tell your emotional but Brentwood Acadamy and Ensworth are the two most obviously dominate programs in the State. One of the two is always ranked nationally. If you look at the Champions over past 5, 10 or even 20 years, middle tennessee has won more and been more dominate.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Maryville. They are certainly one of the better programs in the state. As a whole East Tennessee cannot compete with Middle Tennessee.

I agree Memphis has great talent but it is less developed.
. Did you just crawl out from under a rock? I could care less about the private schools who recruit players. Most of the private schools in Knoxville play with the public school except Webb. So I don't think Brentwood or ensworth even plays anyone from east tn. My team won a title last night so I'm not emotional. By the way who do these 2 top teams you have play beside each other or MUS?

Even back before the public/ private split BA, Alcoa and Austin East were equal. Jeff county was good and Gallatin was good. AA State champ from 86-90: AE beat BA, BA beat AE, BA beat Alcoa.and Alcoa beat BA. Seems like middle and east TN are even for the most part.

Sequoyah has been a perennial cupcake, except one or 2 years, and had a guy drafted a couple of years ago. Jerome felton. He put up some numbers at Furman.

Its weird all the D1 talent comes from west, but the east wins more championships.

You name the 28 D-1 football signees from Prattville, Al. in 2012 and I will send you a $10,000.00. Fair enough

It's impossible

I never said Prattville wasn't usually a good team I said they didn't have 28-29 D-1 signees in one year. Prattville beat Brentwood 26-0 in 2008. Brentwood lost 5 games that year so it's not like Prattville was playing the best team in Tennessee or anything. I'll be waiting on your list of names.

Last edited:
Maryville needs to start playing some of the top teams out of different states.. I don't think they've produced many productive D1 players have they? They thought the Maples kid was good but I don't think he ever saw the field for UT. I think they are well coached but as far as playing in the SEC .. I don't think they have that kind of athletic ability.

Maryville needs to start playing some of the top teams out of different states.. I don't think they've produced many productive D1 players have they? They thought the Maples kid was good but I don't think he ever saw the field for UT. I think they are well coached but as far as playing in the SEC .. I don't think they have that kind of athletic ability.

Aaron Douglas probably the most talented .. Very sad situation though what happened to him. George Quarles is the best coach in the state and probably one of the best HS coaches in the country. Would love to see him become a college position coach and then coordinator.

Really, have not heard any reasonable explanation on why the 2pt conversion was flagged? The game was over, with about 40 seconds left, and then there came a late flag. But it was an exciting game.

Maryville got shafted big time! ( and no, I do not live in Maryville)

VN Store

Back