Official Jon Gruden Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are only two scenarios;

(1) Gruden is hired and waiting on a timetable to announce for Gruden to draw his last check from Tampa.

(2) Let the rumor run for a smokescreen while we are looking somewhere else.

I would tend to believe number (1). There is no other talk for any other coach being interviewed or offered. Gruden or UT is not commenting on the rumor pipelines even with legit news media reporting this morning.

My booster friend will let me know when he has a text from Hart about the announcement, which is how it will be announced to the board. I have been told that Hart has been informed to get a proven head coach as I earlier reported. Tennessee cannot afford to take any gambles. The only hint he gave me two weeks ago was actually, "Gruden and his wife have interest" in coming home to Knoxville.

Hart is either in his office with the feet up and feeling like a pimp, or is at the airport with his family looking for a remote location in mother Russia to fly and move to.

Reactions: 6 people
Omg. I just got part of a grumor. I have no clue if he is coming and highly doubt it. But my wife works with a UT grad who has a friend in the athletic department. She said they are telling recruits it's Gruden and they are announcing it Tuesday. I accused my wife of lying to me. Because I've been so wrapped up in this. But she said that's what her co-worker said.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

240px-Alternator_smokescreen_robot_mode.jpg

Full Gruden, seeing him with his headset and visor with a power T, on the sideline in Neyland?

PS: No homo btw..

Again, you are only stating an opinion. Answering the Dooley question will do me no good, as you will shoot down anything I say to further support your own opinion. But, hey, thanks for not calling me chief or wizard or smart guy or some other smart aleck condescending name.

It's not just my opinion that Derek Dooley was hired by UT.....it actually happened.

Omg. I just got part of a grumor. I have no clue if he is coming and highly doubt it. But my wife works with a UT grad who has a friend in the athletic department. She said they are telling recruits it's Gruden and they are announcing it Tuesday. I accused my wife of lying to me. Because I've been so wrapped up in this. But she said that's what her co-worker said.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

2 posts and 3 degrees of separation from the rumor. Awesome.

need a link!!!!

The response from Tennessee:

"We will not comment. We are not discussing the dynamics of the search till the search is over." -- Jimmy Stanton, Associate Director of Communications

Tennessee is clearly not interested and not going to put any Gruden rumors to bed so they will continue throughout this coaching search.

Reactions: 1 person
Brent Hubss was on 104.5 in Nashville this morning. he said that he talked with the UT this morning and that they said that the UTAD told him that they are not going to slam the door shut on the pursuit of Jon Gruden.

Hubbs also said that while there is a lot of wild rumor and innuendo out there, there are some elements in some of these rumors that are concrete and real. You just have to be able to determine what is real and what is not.

How would he know? hmmmmm.....

There are only two scenarios;

(1) Gruden is hired and waiting on a timetable to announce for Gruden to draw his last check from Tampa.

(2) Let the rumor run for a smokescreen while we are looking somewhere else.

I would tend to believe number (1). There is no other talk for any other coach being interviewed or offered. Gruden or UT is not commenting on the rumor pipelines even with legit news media reporting this morning.

My booster friend will let me know when he has a text from Hart about the announcement, which is how it will be announced to the board. I have been told that Hart has been informed to get a proven head coach as I earlier reported. Tennessee cannot afford to take any gambles. The only hint he gave me two weeks ago was actually, "Gruden and his wife have interest" in coming home to Knoxville.

Agree with this, also Gruden may have coaches lined up to be on his staff, may not want to make announcement to protect confidentialities with active coaches.

Brent Hubss was on 104.5 in Nashville this morning. he said that he talked with the UT this morning and that they said that the UTAD told him that they are not going to slam the door shut on the pursuit of Jon Gruden.

Hubbs also said that while there is a lot of wild rumor and innuendo out there, there are some elements in some of these rumors that are concrete and real. You just have to be able to determine what is real and what is not.

Sounds like he knows something......

Reactions: 4 people
The response from Tennessee:

"We will not comment. We are not discussing the dynamics of the search till the search is over." -- Jimmy Stanton, Associate Director of Communications

Tennessee is clearly not interested and not going to put any Gruden rumors to bed so they will continue throughout this coaching search.

Do you have a link for the "press release"?????

I have looked everywhere and cant find it.

Looks more and more like we have a coach just waiting to be named. Now if it is or is not Gruden is the big ? mark. Seeing how AU/ARK news outlets are throwing all kinds of stuff out on offers makes me think that we have our guy already. If we didn't I would think we would be seeing more scrambling going on and more leaks happening on money offers to coaches out there. We have seen that AR has offered Gruden, Peterson, and now Miles. AU has been rumored to be in play for Petrino. I think we have our guy. I hope it is indeed Gruden.

Wonder what name Hubbs post under?

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back