Official Jon Gruden Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could invite this guy to party with us....

fat_hairy_guy_on_bed_with_guns.jpg

j/k he parties alone

= typical sean hannity listener

Reactions: 4 people
From TOS, was sent to me in a text message.

I have no actual evidence that this is true or if it's already been posted (not reading through 700 pages of the craziness), but it sounds cool.

A deal is on the table, agreed upon in principle by both parties, an 8 year contract worth $ 54 million.

The Haslam family has also chipped in an ownership
share of the Cleveland Browns for Gruden, the Browns of course, being the newest Haslam family business venture.

Gruden is waiting out his Tampa Bay buyout payments, which conclude in early December.

Gruden is assembling a top shelf staff, including Raheem Morris. His staff will firm him up on NCAA rules, recruiting, and the like.

Gruden and Dooley are close. Gruden has made it clear he wanted some "buffer" between his announcement and Dooley's firing, to avoid further embarrassment to Dooley.

The big money (and I mean big money) donors and boosters have instructed Dave Hart to back up the Wells Fargo truck to Gruden's house and make this happen.

The issue of "control" is being used as a smokescreen. Gruden will have football program say-so over any and every thing he wishes, short of any academic regulations or NCAA rules violations. Carte Blanche.

Yes, Gruden has it made at ESPN, but is itching to get back on the sidelines. The only college job he is even considering is Tennessee. He quickly thanks but no thanksed Arkansas (notice he has not done this to Tennessee).

Johnny Majors and Peyton Manning have aggressively lobbied Gruden to take the job.

There is a University of Dayton (Gruden's alma mater) annual alumni event this Saturday. Gruden has spoken at this event every year for the last 9 years. He has cancelled this year with a vague "scheduling conflict" excuse. His replacement speaker, Chuck Noll, let slip that "I guess Jon will be in Knoxville
next weekend..."

That's one long text message...

Reactions: 1 person
Roger is a bonafied local celebrity at this point.

Eh, Roger to me is the one positive of all these shows in that all of the radio personalities show patience with him & treat him well.

Good to see a human side w/ some of these guys.

Last edited:
...The Jimmy Hyams big three: I do not know that, that is interesting and in my opinion......count how many times he says these things every show

I'm immune to Hyams. I don't hate him like the vast majority here does. I guess I'm just used to him. I remember back in the late 80s early 90s watching him and Mike Keith do Sunday Sports Talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back