TOS Reporting Cowherd said Dilfer will take Gruden's MNF spot tonight...

I can't wait to hear someone explain why ESPN is replacing Gruden in the booth but hasn't scooped local media on the story of his being hired yet...

104.5 was just relaying tweets from listeners who probably tweeted after reading this board. They are not confirming or breaking anything at all or are they claiming to be. They are simply responding to tweets from listeners.

I've posted this twice. No one understands lol!

Anybody that watches mnf knows this, not earth shattering news. But the part about Dilfer being in the booth calling the game doesnt happen every week. Who knows if its true but if it is he will be our coach

Once Gruden takes the CRCT or it's reported that he has, then holla at me. Until then, it's just dust in the wind.

Gruden will be in the booth. Dilfer will be on sideline or wherever he always is. Come on people!

Maybe I should have put this under the Gruden XXXXXII but I just wanted to see other peoples views. So Dr. Jerry Punch, as everyone knows already, states that he believes that Hart has his pick already and expects an announcement soon. At the same time Gruden ironically isn't doing the Monday Night Football game tonight! Is this too far fetched for me to believe its true or am I just too much wishfully thinking?

I went back and listened to it to just make sure and maybe my wishful thinking got me wanting him to be doing it. But, all he says at the end is that Dilfer doing Monday Night Football. He always does MNF from the sidelines, so its possible that I misunderstood that. I will admit when I am wrong.

Last edited:
Common sense ain't as common as it used to be...

I didn't know it was so common for Dilfer to be CALLING the game...that's what they were talking about on the zone, which is why I posted.
I clearly know that he does pre and post game regardless of what you might think I know...

Thanks to all the posters who brought sanity to this thread. Sounds like this is a red herring.

Anybody that watches mnf knows this, not earth shattering news. But the part about Dilfer being in the booth calling the game doesnt happen every week. Who knows if its true but if it is he will be our coach

There was never a quote of him being in the booth! He said see ya on mnf! He is part of the coverage!

104.5 was just relaying tweets from listeners who probably tweeted after reading this board. They are not confirming or breaking anything at all or are they claiming to be. They are simply responding to tweets from listeners.

Which is what I stated as well as "The Mayor" from the show was making a call and he usually brings them back in from commercial break, but Blaine brought them back from break and was saying he was smiling from what he was hearing on the other line. Not saying they were breaking anything, just relaying the message.

It was announced today that he wouldn't be on. I heard it myself on Colin Cowherds show this morning.

I don't think that is what as said. It was a what if.

Gruden will be in the booth tonight and our wait continues.

I believe I was wrong in reporting that. It was a misunderstanding on my part and a lot of wishful thinking! I will never say something that I believe to be false and so I retract my statement regarding the MNF show without Gruden.

VN Store

Back