Official Jon Gruden Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitting here listening to Basillio and they're debating who would be the best hire for where UT wants to be in the next 5 years, and are actually contemplating if Petrino or Golden would be better hires than Gruden.

It's not even a question to me.... I don't think some of these people TRULY understand the magnitude of what a Gruden hire would be for this program. This would be just another bigtime hire... This would be the hire of all hires... You're talking about National Media attention and the legitimizing of the Tennessee job in the eyes of the national public that we have never seen before.. Gruden on the sidelines in orange would be the biggest college football story for next year and it wouldn't even be close. This is something that no other realistic hire could provide. To me, it's a no brainer. Ante up the cash... It's worth it.

Jon Gruden is the current face of American Football. Period.

Reactions: 4 people
So what is very interesting here is that NFL people are coming out and saying Gruden to TN is possible and how interested he is. These ppl have no reason to do that. Especially Mort and LaC. I fully believe Ainge is smoke screening. He sits in the 5th floor of the press box. The same level that the Anderson's and guys like that. I fully believe he was told to hush it and get the talk down.

I don't know that Gruden happens for us, but I think you might be right on Ainge. I've thought about this myself. He's just been too persistent and vocal about Gruden not happening here. Obviously, part of that could be a response to the very loud chatter from Vol fans, but still: he seems to go out of his way to quiet it.

Sitting here listening to Basillio and they're debating who would be the best hire for where UT wants to be in the next 5 years, and are actually contemplating if Petrino or Golden would be better hires than Gruden.

It's not even a question to me.... I don't think some of these people TRULY understand the magnitude of what a Gruden hire would be for this program. This wouldnt be just another bigtime hire... This would be the hire of all hires... You're talking about National Media attention and the legitimizing of the Tennessee job in the eyes of the national public that we have never seen before.. Gruden on the sidelines in orange would be the biggest college football story for next year and it wouldn't even be close. This is something that no other realistic hire could provide. To me, it's a no brainer. Ante up the cash... It's worth it.

He's being a shock jock to create controversy and have people tune in. Nobody in their right mind would pick Golden over Gruden.

It's not even a question to me.... I don't think some of these people TRULY understand the magnitude of what a Gruden hire would be for this program. This wouldnt be just another bigtime hire... This would be the hire of all hires... You're talking about National Media attention and the legitimizing of the Tennessee job in the eyes of the national public that we have never seen before.. Gruden on the sidelines in orange would be the biggest college football story for next year and it wouldn't even be close. This is something that no other realistic hire could provide. To me, it's a no brainer. Ante up the cash... It's worth it.

Tony is laying the groundwork for Mega Excitement surrounding the Gruden hire.

lol @ Herbstreit

"@ColtonBrackett: do u think the VOLS will beat Vandy and UK? #bowl eligible" do you seriously want to go to a bowl this yr? Go find a coach
Retweeted 288 times

Reactions: 1 person
Going in for take out Chinese. Over/Under on what post we'll be on by the time I get back. 7900. I'll take the over.

That's his school. T-Boone Pickens is one of the wealthiest men in this country and he OWNS OSU. He will not leave that place.

I know it's as alma mater but I'm not convinced guys like him and Fitzgerald will stay forever just because it's their alma mater. Gundy blew what was probably his only shot of going undefeated by losing to Iowa State. The fact that he was that close at Oklahoma State, he has potential to build a dynasty at a better program. Coming off a 12-1 season, his class ranked 32nd. It's currently 27th this season. Dooley is awful and despite having a losing record last season and currently having a losing record this season, the class finished 17th and it's currently sitting at 22nd. Gundy's job would be a lot easier at a big time program. 12-1 at Tennessee would get you a top 5 recruiting class.

If they're loyal enough to stay, good for them. I just think at some point you look at bigger programs that coming knocking. If Texas/USC open up and they get a phone call, I highly doubt they say no. I'm not convinced they'd say no to us, Auburn or Arkansas for the right price. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back