Official Jon Gruden Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think if he had been up there all along we would be a much better defense. It isn't his play calling ability that has failed us but the fact that the kids have tuned his in you face style out IMO. His style has no filter and he pushed too hard and the kids stopped listening.

I'm not going to try and figure out why his D doesn't work. But I will say this.

You can't bring a NFL/Alabama talent level defense to a high school talent level field, and expect it to work.

Its a healthy top of the Gruden Morning to all of you. Hope the BOT meeting gets the essentials like paving Chuckys way into town done.

I'm not going to try and figure out why his D doesn't work. But I will say this.

You can't bring a NFL/Alabama talent level defense to a high school talent level field, and expect it to work.

Our talent isn't of Bama talent certainly but I believe our talent warrants us being a top 50 defense. Talent isn't the issue nor is scheme or play calling IMO

Our talent isn't of Bama talent certainly but I believe our talent warrants us being a top 50 defense. Talent isn't the issue nor is scheme or play calling IMO

Agreed. But I think he was shoving it down their throats to quickly. From a Wilcox prevent to a shifting attack D.

But I'm no defense guru, by any means..

These recruits that are commiting to us is putting the nail in the coffin for sure. We are not headed in the right direction. I am on the Gruden train!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Do you buy my opinion that SS and his in your face coaching style has made thing worse and he has lost the ear of our kids??

If talent is not an issues then they wouldn't be at the bottom of the pile.

I think there are areas that there are definite gaps - I somewhat agree with your statement on tuning him out but at the same time they shuoldn't forget how to play completely right?

Do you buy my opinion that SS and his in your face coaching style has made thing worse and he has lost the ear of our kids??

What? Do you mean to tell me that 18 year old kids don't like being screamed at by Buddy Hackett's deranged psychotic twin?

I'm not sure what it is. He was a very good LB coach at al but here he hasnt been able to...coach I guess is the best term. IMO 90% of our problems is happening before gameday.

You could be right. Maybe it's just his style. Whatever it is our players, nor anyone else, understands what he's trying to do.

If talent is not an issues then they wouldn't be at the bottom of the pile.

I think there are areas that there are definite gaps - I somewhat agree with your statement on tuning him out but at the same time they shuoldn't forget how to play completely right?

It's not about forgetting how to play. Defense is about an attitude and playing with confidence. Tuning out the coaches have allowed the players to lose all the intensity they need to succeed.

It's not about forgetting how to play. Defense is about an attitude and playing with confidence. Tuning out then coaches have lost all the intensity they need to succeed.

This...and disguising plays on D is just as important as doing it on O.

I hope y'all are right.

That said, if you're wrong, how will you ever post here again?

How will people who believe in this Gruden thing "ever" post here again "if" we are wrong?

You know, I love being on Hogville and I sure appreciate the work of Lanny, Douglas and others who make this board possible. But this is a message board, not NBC, CBS, Fox or ESPN Sports. It is an "opinion" board. Everyone has one. Because of that, sometimes folks are going to be right, sometimes they are going to be wrong. Just how it is.

That being said, my integrity nor my self esteem, nor that of anyone else should be tied to a message board where people post their opinions on varying topics.

This whole thing has become way bigger than it should have. A few of us found that we had access to some information that others apparently didn't have access to and like the Hog fans that we are, we were excited about it and wanted to share it with our fellow fans. It isn't and hasn't been about ego's or trolling or wanting to lead people astray and having a big laugh at their expense. All it has been about was sharing information and our excitement for the Razorback football program.

The problem is you have those who are so locked-into the old "poor little Arkinesaw" syndrome that they have a hard time believing that Arkansas could ever land a big time, big splash hire. I understand. Most are victims of the JFB line of thinking, "we can nevuh be bettah than 6th or 7th in thu SEC". Despite the fact that BP proved that we can be better than that, some still view that as having been an "outlier" or "exception" rather than a paradigm shift in our football program. And it is a lot of these folks who want to say, "I don't believe", "you guys are making this up", "you guys are liars" and the always popular, "stop getting everyones hopes up".

Again, what we post here is what we know to be as much truth as possible. Sources have been checked, re-checked, triple-checked and cross-checked and we believe these things to be true. We didn't wake up one day, call each other up and decide to conspire to concoct a story about a HC that would drive the posters of Hogville crazy. I guarantee you that all of us have jobs and other things to do than sit around and come up with a crazy notion like that.

Now all of that being said, if we wind up being wrong (which I don't believe that we are), we will all be right here to consume our own individual portions of crow. OR, maybe we will be here telling you that we were asked to float this rumor to help cover up the real hire? Ha, no. I wouldn't be surprised to see that excuse floated but it won't be by us IF we are wrong.

Bottom line, this has nothing to do with adding to or detracting from credibility. This has to do with sharing information that we can share as we get it, and as it can be shared. That is all.

Damn, I hate those pig silly pig ****ers.

The best response to the quoted post...

You don't see people going into the hunting forum and discussing unicorns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back