Official Jon Gruden Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
If/when this happens it will be monumental, but I continue to believe that the simple recognition that it NEEDS to happen among the "higher ups" is a victory for all Vol fans.

Reactions: 1 person
Gman be careful. Very connected well known people have already been proven to have flawed info in this ordeal. Hopefully they all have the big picture correct but in the case of my info it all might be a sham.

Care to elaborate?

Gman be careful. Very connected well known people have already been proven to have flawed info in this ordeal. Hopefully they all have the big picture correct but in the case of my info it all might be a sham.

I'm not knocking anybody that has put info in this thread. I envy people that are 100% confident with the Gruden situation. I'm cool with any info people want to throw out there. I've been told not to count my chickens....

I do know this is not a sham. Pursuit of Gruden is real.

Everybody should be cautiously optimistic. Anything can happen at anytime.

Care to elaborate?
A great deal of posters including myself claimed to have bigtime connected people telling them that Monday was a day for huge news. The two sources I had were huge names and would have put this place in a huge buzz but they were wrong as we all know. Were they wrong just about the day or the entire ordeal???? Time will tell

Last edited:
My concern is that Gruden is going to string us along until D-Day, and then he is going to leave us at the altar (like Randy Shannon). That could lead to us being stuck with DD and another 0-5 SEC start next season, or a less-than-attractive replacement like Kirby Smart.

A great deal of posters including myself claimed to have bigtime connected people telling them that Monday was a day for huge news. The two sources I had were huge names and would have up this place in a huge buzz but they were wrong as we all know. Were they wrong just about the day or the entire ordeal???? Time will tell

Do your people know what happened?

My concern is that Gruden is going to string us along until D-Day, and then he is going to leave us at the altar (like Randy Shannon). That could lead to us being stuck with DD and another 0-5 SEC start next season, or a less-than-attractive replacement like Kirby Smart.

This is exactly why the pursuit of Gruden is a milestone in and of itself. If the boosters are committed to spending the money on the right coach, the situation will improve no matter what. The entire culture and paradigm of hiring coaches at UT has shifted for the better.

Last edited:
Dandridge is in Jefferson County, the town was named after Martha Dandridge who is better known as Martha Washington, wife of first president George Washington.

I'm not knocking anybody that has put info in this thread. I envy people that are 100% confident with the Gruden situation. I'm cool with any info people want to throw out there. I've been told not to count my chickens....

I do know this is not a sham. Pursuit of Gruden is real.

Everybody should be cautiously optimistic. Anything can happen at anytime.

It seems like everybody "pursues" Gruden, but nobody lands him.

It's been quiet for a reason. They don't want anything else getting out. Trust me when I say Dooley will not be here next season and Gruden will. That's as far into it as I can go.

It's been quiet for a reason. They don't want anything else getting out. Trust me when I say Dooley will not be here next season and Gruden will. That's as far into it as I can go.

I know you are right with your first point. I think you are correct with your second.

Also, the last I saw OCI say about a staff was mostly wrong. I don't think I've seen the likely DC named at all. Recruiting would not be an issue and defense would be 100x better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back