Official Jon Gruden Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is something to think about. His passion is teaching football, not just coaching. He will have every top recruit wanting to come to camp at UT.
He loves working coaching clinics. The connections he makes there will be amazing in recruiting.
Last, the level of highschool coaching in the state of Tennessee will go up big time. He loves to help coaches.

The ripple effect of Gruden coming here is priceless.

Reactions: 13 people

fat-man-walking_gp_209998.jpg

Here is something to think about. His passion is teaching football, not just coaching. He will have every top recruit wanting to come to camp at UT.
He loves working coaching clinics. The connections he makes there will be amazing in recruiting.
Last, the level of highschool coaching in the state of Tennessee will go up big time. He loves to help coaches.

This is certainly a nice thought. Big fish conjure big schools.

Can you or Boro confirm that Petrino is not an option IF Gruden does not happen

Last edited:
2002 Tampa Depth Chart...yes he won a Superbowl w/ Brad Johnson at QB.

2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers "Depth Chart"

http://media.tbo.com/pdf/080408bucsdepthchart.pdf

apologies for the hard to read graphics.
I think Gruden now realizes that you just HAVE to have a marquee QB to win...at either level. Too much evidence to suggest otherwise. Dungy has a lot less talent at Indy, but he had the best QB in the league....Peyton Manning. Remove Peyton from the equation, for just one season and look how much the teams drops off.

Look at Atlanta, before they drafted Matt Ryan, they were camping out in the league's basement. Giants sucked before Manning. Cowboys are finding out that Romo is not a franchise level QB.

So, with that in mind, I think Gruden has to be intrigued by coming in with Bray and a host of big play WR's on the roster.

Reactions: 1 person
Football Rumor Mill‏ @fbrumormill: Jon Gruden is looking more unlikely at Tennessee. He now appears more likely to land in the NFL. Bobby Petrino could emerge as a candidate.

Said DD was fired after Ky. game last year. They should have been right , but........

Didn't get a chance to listen to Basilio earlier, just listened now.

Great show today. Big Will killing it, more "truth" about Doolz coming out, keeping it real. Oh and a little shot from tony at wes rucker.

Good stuff Grudenites.

Soon.

These Gruden threads are clearly the best in the history of VN. We've had bold predictions, name-calling, stalking, orange boners, red ducks, photoshops, gifs, religious evangelism, title searches, upside down boobies, electioneering, jeering, sneering...and wall to wall Gruden! This has been the most fun I've had lurking on any forum, ever. Thanks to everyone who is making it all happen! Keep up the entertainment, GBO, and GET GRUDEN!

This is my favorite post in Gruden 1,2,3 or 4 :hi:

Just a thought - when TOny B. mentioned JG speaking with Kiffin - he may have been talking about Monte. ANd iirc he thoroughly enjoyed his time in Knoxville - seems like that would fit better in that story...

Just my opinion, but he might have been speaking with Monte Kiffin to give him some ideas on bringing a NFL style defense to the SEC. Remember, Monte was DC under Gruden @ Tampa.

Just my opinion, but he might have been speaking with Monte Kiffin to give him some ideas on bringing a NFL style defense to the SEC. Remember, Monte was DC under Gruden @ Tampa.

that was my line of thought here - gives a little more credence to the rumor.

This. This, this, and this.

Thinkin outside the box.

I think Gruden now realizes that you just HAVE to have a marquee QB to win...at either level. Too much evidence to suggest otherwise. Dungy has a lot less talent at Indy, but he had the best QB in the league....Peyton Manning. Remove Peyton from the equation, for just one season and look how much the teams drops off.

Look at Atlanta, before they drafted Matt Ryan, they were camping out in the league's basement. Giants sucked before Manning. Cowboys are finding out that Romo is not a franchise level QB.

So, with that in mind, I think Gruden has to be intrigued by coming in with Bray and a host of big play WR's on the roster.

I agree, but the person who should really be excited is Bray. Brad Johnson had arguably his best season the first year under Gruden. He'd been in the league for 10 years by then...22 TD's and 6 INT's...Now my immediate concern is that Gruden is west coast and Bray is more of a verticle guy (3rd and 2 and he launches a 40 yard pass). If Bray got with the program, his completion %, TD/Int ratio, would all improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back