Official Jon Gruden Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I was told this today, and it lines up with what one of posters here told me shortly thereafter.. They don't want an interim coach, since Dooley knows his fate and seems to be on board with the program. Gruden will happen shortly thereafter. If we somehow go to a bowl someone currently on staff will coach it.

Any chance they announce earlier that: (1) DD is resigning effective immediately after UK game (maybe to take a position in the Borwn's organization?); (2) JG will be the new coach; (3) JG will fulfill his commitment to MNF; and/or (4) JG will take over as HFC upon DD's resignation?

Well, I was told this today, and it lines up with what one of posters here told me shortly thereafter.. They don't want an interim coach, since Dooley knows his fate and seems to be on board with the program. Gruden will happen shortly thereafter. If we somehow go to a bowl someone currently on staff will coach it.

Not doubting, simply picking your brain: what would the point be, if everything is lined up and Dooley is on board, of not having Dooley coach the bowl game? If Gruden isn't coming on board before it, what would it hurt?

Not doubting, simply picking your brain: what would the point be, if everything is lined up and Dooley is on board, of not having Dooley coach the bowl game? If Gruden isn't coming on board before it, what would it hurt?

Recruiting

There won't be. Dooley is the interim. He coaches out the season and his dismissal is announced shorty after KY.

The Gruden announcement comes sometime after.

Wasn't that your reason for not announcing now??

My point is that wouldn't change the interim issue

I see you have your priorities straight.

"Who cares if people in this thread are texting and driving, rumors about a game are more important"

Neat.

don't see why some of you are so dense

it is this easy - just click below and you can talk about whatever the &^$% you want to talk about that is not related to football or rumors about football or john gruden

http://www.volnation.com/forum/search.php?searchid=6079754

The only question I have is when JG's staff takes over, particularly if there is a bowl game scenario.

I have nothing to support this but 99% sure they wouldn't coach the bowl game.

Would be bring in a whole new staff and teaching the team limited plays.

Dooley or his staff will coach the rest of the season, including the bowl game.

Any chance they announce earlier that: (1) DD is resigning effective immediately after UK game (maybe to take a position in the Borwn's organization?); (2) JG will be the new coach; (3) JG will fulfill his commitment to MNF; and/or (4) JG will take over as HFC upon DD's resignation?

If your first scenario happens the 4th will definately not happen. I cannot think of. Coach who would come in mid season and coach. It would be a terrible idea. Ex. Urban Meyer was going to be the next coach at Ohio State. But he did not coach anything until the season was over. If anything happens earlier. Gruden will just be coach effective of the end of the season.

I'd say 10% of Vols fans would accept Petrino as coach. There is no way less than a year is enough for people to forget that fiasco. That is not a home run hire more like a sac fly when you are down 12-0. PETRINO IS NOT COMING HERE.

Reactions: 3 people
As a 24 year old male, I can tell you with 100% certainty if Jon Gruden walked into my living room there's no way in heck I wouldn't play for him. He's got a fire about him and a knowledge of the game that is immense.

When I started reading this I thought u were gonna go somewhere else with it... Glad u didn't..

Haven't heard anymore about Dooley to the Browns....don't care aside from the fact that he seems more compliant that he did last week.

Apparently it was important to JG to finish out the MNF season and he will do so. Not sure where the rules fall on him recruiting, but I believe he will do so if its allowable once Dooley steps down.

Football Rumor Mill‏ @fbrumormill: Jon Gruden is looking more unlikely at Tennessee. He now appears more likely to land in the NFL. Bobby Petrino could emerge as a candidate.

don't see why some of you are so dense

it is this easy - just click below and you can talk about whatever the &^$% you want to talk about that is not related to football or rumors about football or john gruden

http://www.volnation.com/forum/search.php?searchid=6079754

Half of this thread is off topic because the information is sparse.

Relax, guy. You're way too intense about rumors.

You're pissed about people caring about the safety and well being of others. It's ironic you complained about people "b****ing" when that's what you're doing.

Reactions: 1 person
Wasn't that your reason for not announcing now??

My point is that wouldn't change the interim issue
I'm confused by your question....no matter. I don't have a reason for not announcing now since I'm not part of this process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back