Official Jon Gruden Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning fellow Grudenites. In an amazing display of willpower, I stayed away from this thread for over 12 hours yesterday (granted, most of that time I was asleep). What is the new news?

Good morning fellow Grudenites. In an amazing display of willpower, I stayed away from this thread for over 12 hours yesterday (granted, most of that time I was asleep). What is the new news?

Still waiting on Sunday to Tuesday for Dooley but when that breaks loose our coaching search will pick up steam imo. Meantime we have a game in South Carolina.

Still waiting on Sunday to Tuesday for Dooley but when that breaks loose our coaching search will pick up steam imo. Meantime we have a game in South Carolina.

Should be a good game too. I am predicting closer than most people think. 1 score game.

GO VOLS!!!!!!

Only thing I remember is UTTodd and Slice are never going to be roommates, OCI stepped in a minefield with a post in recruiting, and per Slice there was a conference call yesterday between Hart and "unnamed boosters" that are demanding Hart to fire Dooley Monday win or lose and finalize Gruden immediately. Mentioned replacing Hart if this doesn't happen. Slice is ok, I was wrong about him.

There was hundreds of posts I skipped but that was my takeaway.

Also mods seem way more serious about the BS in here, name calling, etc. see sticky.

I'm lazy. What did Slice have to say?

Conference call took place between power boosters to force Harts hand to fire Dooley and get Gruden. Slice said he thinks Hart caves. Even mentioned Harts job bein threatened I believe. Harts reservation is a promise made to 2 coaches.

Yeah, because all the coaches we were supposedly talking to during the last search came out and denied contact. Oh wait, no they didnt. Gruden has no reason to dismiss the rumors. It does not hurt his shot at getting his next NFL job.

Don't make a smart ass comment to my post when you don't even read it. I said that it doesn't mean that he's coming here but that's nothing but good news. And to add to that there were coaches that straight up denied the rumors thank you very much.

Only thing I remember is UTTodd and Slice are never going to be roommates, OCI stepped in a minefield with a post in recruiting, and per Slice there was a conference call yesterday between Hart and "unnamed boosters" that are demanding Hart to fire Dooley Monday win or lose and finalize Gruden immediately. Slice is ok, I was wrong about him.

Also mods seem way more serious about the BS in here, name calling, etc. see sticky.

Slice is cool. He has just had a little more skepticism than most of us.

Only thing I remember is UTTodd and Slice are never going to be roommates, OCI stepped in a minefield with a post in recruiting, and per Slice there was a conference call yesterday between Hart and "unnamed boosters" that are demanding Hart to fire Dooley Monday win or lose and finalize Gruden immediately. Mentioned replacing Hart if this doesn't happen. Slice is ok, I was wrong about him.

By the way, thanks!

Wait weren't we already expecting Dooley to be announced as terminated by Monday or Tuesday? So that was hogwash? But now it is?

Conference call took place between power boosters to force Harts hand to fire Dooley and get Gruden. Slice said he thinks Hart caves. Even mentioned Harts job bein threatened I believe. Harts reservation is a promise made to 2 coaches.

That is certainly great news. It's about time the issue is forced.

Only thing I remember is UTTodd and Slice are never going to be roommates, OCI stepped in a minefield with a post in recruiting, and per Slice there was a conference call yesterday between Hart and "unnamed boosters" that are demanding Hart to fire Dooley Monday win or lose and finalize Gruden immediately. Mentioned replacing Hart if this doesn't happen.

Even mentioned Harts job bein threatened I believe. Harts reservation is a promise made to 2 coaches.

What are Slice connections? And Harts promise to 2 coaches.... Do you think that means Jay Graham and especially Sunseri?

Wow!!!! OK...no more sleeping for me...thanks for the updates guys.

i can confirm for a 100% fact that haslam/manning persuaded ad hart to extend an offer of $6m/yr to cjg and that he has not yet accepted or declined our offer. Also jg is making $5m at espn.

I have never pretended to have any inside information before and honestly thought about not even posting this. I realize this may not be breaking news. But i can tell you this is 100% accurate information. You can choose whether to believe me or not but i will say this is as close to coming from the horse's mouth as you're going to get unless haslam or hart is posting facts on this board.

*****touchdown peyton manning*****

What are Slice connections? And Harts promise to 2 coaches.... Do you think that means Jay Graham and especially Sunseri?

I fit is Sunseri, it shouldn't be a concern based on the way his defense is playing. He probably deserved to be fired right now anyhow.

As for Jay Graham, there is no reason why the new coach cannot make room for him on the new staff given his pedigree and the improvement in the running game and most importantly, he is a VFL. This can be discussed in the negotiation process. If not, then give him something extra in his buyout.

I also hope the new coach takes a long, hard look at bringing Tee home, too.

Let's just say I think there will be a plan in place by Sunday. If I hear a time line I will post it.

Strong would be my 1st.
Even if the Gru says no, which I'm beginning to believe he won't, I don't think he's tops on our list.

I think the problem (my opinion with no facts to back it up) is Hart has not been clear with the boosters what the plan is. He keeps hinting the 8 win thing while allowing the boosters to talk to Gru's people in hypothetical terms. It's uncomfortable for everyone involved.

I think Hart is done fighting the boosters. My opinion.

I all the sudden feel like a stalker.

Reactions: 1 person

Bc- in your opinion do you think or believe if this does happen will cdd finish out season or a interim be named?
Kentucky was bad enough last year. I can't fathom losing 2 in a row. I would physically become sick.

I fit is Sunseri, it shouldn't be a concern based on the way his defense is playing. He probably deserved to be fired right now anyhow.

As for Jay Graham, there is no reason why the new coach cannot make room for him on the new staff given his pedigree and the improvement in the running game and most importantly, he is a VFL. This can be discussed in the negotiation process. If not, then give him something extra in his buyout.

I also hope the new coach takes a long, hard look at bringing Tee home, too.

I agree 100% on all points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back