Secondary

germantown902

Someone explain to me why we have two coaches back there and no production to show for it. Is it the transition to the 3-4 or lack of talent or just zero coaching? I have yet to see any coach on a player when assignments are blown.

The players look short and slow to me. I'm sure they're nice kids. Oh, and they don't tackle very well either...

I am still waiting for a game where there are no scores that come as a result of a blown assignment. What happened to the more physical bump coverage? We're still giving ten yard cushions.

The players look like they are being paid by Vegas to lose. Nobody plays that bad!!

We have the slowest secondary in the SEC, can't generate a pass rush, we are too slow reacting, which results in busted coverage, and we can't tackle. Oh and we cannot take advantage of breaks on the seldom chance we get one. This defense is the worst defense since the invention of the forward pass. Plain awful

Reactions: 2 people
Worst part of our entire game-- major reason we are where we are right now this season, even with everything else going on. Our secondary shows up in all our games, as sloppy and bad as we have looked, we don't give up the big long yard breakaway TD's against FL and GA and we win. Miss St. we just half way show up, we win as well. Everyone can point to a different reason, but this is the nuts and bolts of the problem with our win/loss column. i hate it, but its just true.

Reactions: 1 person
Someone explain to me why we have two coaches back there and no production to show for it. Is it the transition to the 3-4 or lack of talent or just zero coaching? I have yet to see any coach on a player when assignments are blown.

talent is terrible. maybe with 2 coaches they hoped to at least to get them competent.

eevryone blasted Teague but I counted 4 blown coverages by Coleman last night

Zero pass rush kills them. They played good vs State but awful yesterday. I can give moore and coleman a little breathing room but waggner has really disappointed. Has potential.

They're not physical and they can't tackle.....they don't appear to be able to line up correctly and blow assignment after assignment.....it's mind boggling

The secondary was my biggest concern after we beat nc st. Too many holes, big plays, loose coverage, yadda yadda. It's been painful to watch, and then last night BAMA has 40 yard pass after 40 yard pass on us... there has been zero improvement in this area.

The secondary was my biggest concern after we beat nc st. Too many holes, big plays, loose coverage, yadda yadda. It's been painful to watch, and then last night BAMA has 40 yard pass after 40 yard pass on us... there has been zero improvement in this area.

Bad player dont improve into great ones. We need to recruit some great players back there.

Zero pass rush kills them. They played good vs State but awful yesterday. I can give moore and coleman a little breathing room but waggner has really disappointed. Has potential.

This

Too many keys and zero pass rush makes the secondary look bad.

Give them a simple scheme and a moderately effective pass rush ...they look alot better

Besides the talent gap in the secondary, having two coaches in that area may be a reason for all the missed assignments and communication breakdowns.

Our secondary wouldn't look near as bad if they didn't have to cover for so long. Our pass rush is atrocious.

VN Store

Back