Official Fire Dave Hart Petition..........

There is a lot of rumbling with the Lettermen about Hart. Many want him gone, for a myriad of reasons, and there is talk of him being next after Dooley.

I'm not expressing my opinion, just what I've heard from a Letterman friend in the last couple of weeks.

There is a lot of rumbling with the Lettermen about Hart. Many want him gone, for a myriad of reasons, and there is talk of him being next after Dooley.

I'm not expressing my opinion, just what I've heard from a Letterman friend in the last couple of weeks.

Go on...

I still think Dooley would be a great AD...
just saying... why not let people do the jobs they can do best?

Things like the closed door policy in the AD with former players, unwillingness to address struggling programs like track, general direction if other programs, the fact that they feel the AD is being systematically purged of all UT blood.....like I said, a myriad of things.

Actually. Yes you can. It was well within his job description and rights to do so. He may not have been the most tactful about doing so, but he was her boss.

People seem to forget that Dave Hart probably did not make this decision on his own anyway. I would say that the UT $$$$$$$'s (boosters/doners) had say in this too. Just like in any corporation that has investers backing it. You may be the boss within the confines of the building, but the money is telling YOU what to do.

I am inclined to agree with you. Now i am about to say something that will have the emotional cliff jumpers running over the edge.

Yes i love Pat she is everything that is good about TN.

However, I have lived through this with my grandmother and when it is time it is time. Holding on would have become a pitiful and sad display. She has not been able to perform her job since she started showing signs. The season before she made it public i noticed her face (it actually shows physically and in the eyes) and told my wife i thinks she has Alzheimer's and it is moving quick. Life is tough and decisions like this have to be made with logic and not nostalgic emotion. It was hard to commit my grandmother against her will but we knew it had to be done for the greater good of everyone involved.

Reactions: 2 people
I am not going to say I agree or disagree with any activities that have went on but...

Ole' Deb Jennings needs to realize its 2012. It's cold but people just get "fired" for no reason now. Doesn't have to be any actions taken prior.

I back Pat 100% though.

yes legally you can, but when you aggitate the legend and fanbase and get lawsuits going it usually spells bad things for you. i think hart is in trouble. the way he handled this was stupid at best. summit is tennessee women's basketball.

Oh, I agree with you.

I'm just saying that it was probably not just HIS decision, if it was his at all. Part of his (I'm sure unwritten) job is to be the fall guy too. Why do I think that....because that is how it is anywhere in Corporate America. Anyone on here that has or is working at a high level in CA knows this to be true.

Prior to finding out about Pat's illness, I would have said that she should have been the obvious choice for AD. But, I also believe she would have gotten a wake up call once she took the position. The Womens Athletic Depatment was on the way out regardless. I read somewhere this morning (sorry, don't remember where) that the WAD was losing 800k a year. Facotr in all the money just to break even, before losing the 800k (ie...salaries for the WAD) and you are probably talking 4 - 5 million dollars that could be used in other places, such as on the actual athletics.

Was Hart a dumbazz in the way he did it...probably. Was it going to happen regardless. Yeah, I think it was. We were one of the few schools in the country that actually still had a WAD.

Dave Hart has to go. We may as well send Cheek with him. It is to be demanded that Dave Hart go immediately. This is a sad atrocity. Everyone though I was a conspiracy theorist when he was hired...........was I too far off?

Will you join me?

no

Letterman needs to stick to his talk show. What does he know?

Dave Hart has to go. We may as well send Cheek with him. It is to be demanded that Dave Hart go immediately. This is a sad atrocity. Everyone though I was a conspiracy theorist when he was hired...........was I too far off?

Will you join me?

so you'd rather have that joker mike hamilton back?? :crazy:

It was time for her to go

Of course it was. But make no mistake, this has the potential to get ugly. I know one in particular whose name a lot of people would know that has steam coming out their ears over this.

I'm sorry...I'm gonna believe Pat Summitt in a sworn statement over Dave Hart ANYDAY! He's got a history of not being trustworthy and he's continued that since being here. Kinda like when he said multiple times that he didn't plan on fazing out the Lady Vols logo. That was a lie as he formulated a 3 yr plan to faze it out for financial purposes. You don't gain credibility by blatantly lying. If Pat says she was released from her position I believe her. I'm not buying this "she mis-remembered" talk by Hart. I'm not as worried about the Debbie Jennings thing. However I do find it odd that the lady from FSU went public with accusations towards Hart several months ago. I'm pretty sure she didn't have anything to gain financially by doing so.

With the changes being made over there, it would be interesting to know the male/female ratio in the UTAD prior to and after Hart's changes.

VN Store

Back